Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The end of a bad month

Finally this month is over. The total lost for the month is -$2,670 in +39k hands. I havent played much this couple of days, cause I've been most of the time analyzing my play and looking for ways to fix my leaks.
I found a leak in my game, in my aggression on the turn and river. I think I'm not as aggressive as I should be, and after the big downswing I was kind of gunshy. My plan to fix this leaks is very simple.
I'm gonna play less tables at once. I usually played 8 tables at the same time and now am gonna go down to 2-4 in different levels depending on how good the games are, I'm datamining from $50nl to $200nl. Table selection is just too important, today I just played like 1oo hands but manage to make $175 cause of the fishes. After I took their money the table wasnt so good and I just stopped playing I'm gonna make this an habbit.

8tabling have its pros and cons. The best thing about it is the rakeback, is just awsome. Another good thing is that you are always involved in a hand and its very simple poker ABC and just wait for a good hand type of thing. Also you get to see so many hands you get used to be in a lot of the same situations and just react instantly to them. The bad thing is that you are not aware of the hands you are not in, and thus you cant make reads on specific players in certain situations.

When I reinstall FTP, I lost all my notes on everyone so this is another thing I'm gonna be doing. I'm gonna try to improve the quality of my notes of my opponents now that I'm gonna play less tables and can see them play vs the others. I also now using PAHUD wich I never used before and are still getting used to it, hopefully I can still get enough hands on them that can help me make even better reads.

Overall playing less tables is gonna affect my stats in Pokertracker, I'm pretty sure that my VP$IP is gonna climb a bit and so my aggression. Right now my VP$IP is at 20. I may add that playing less hands will make my analysis after each session even more productive. I'm gonna concentrate on the after the flop play, specially the turn and river where I want to have better numbers, and will look for ways to exploit different kind of opponents in different situations. With less hands to look into, the quality of my analysis has to improve and will be easier to find more leaks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey lex, I only 4 table and it's funny because the last 2 days I've added more tables (only to 5 or 6) and the last 2 days I've lost. Connection? Maybe. I just think I personally do better with just 4 tables, my game right now is so read dependant. So I think it might be a good idea for you to drop to 4 tables, definitely can't hurt, i think. Congrats to your brother on his marriage.

Alex said...

Yeah, I think is gonna be a good idea. I'm also working in specific parts of my game that will improve faster if I do less tables.