Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I'm sooooo on Tilt!

This last two days have been horrible. Sooo many badbeats (I laugh at how ridiculous they where), suckouts and badplays of opponents that I ended up loosing all I won last week and even more (close to 14buyins ugh!). My tables where really tasty, the fishes where delicious, but they kept outdrawing me. One in particular had me going on tilt, after a couple of limpers I made a huge raise to $7 from the sb with Kings and the fish calls in the bb with 75s then hit the 5 on the flop and didnt fold and of course the turn is a 7 (he had 1/2 buy in at that time). He did that 3 times against my premium hands and then we where both +250bb deep and his set sucked out on my straight after we went allin on the turn, of course the board paired on the river. so ugly.

I also played pretty badly on other hands and kept on loosing like a maniac. After a while it was tough for me to laydown good hands and that kept hurting me. Broke a couple of my rules and that cost me. That fish made me let it get personal and I kept playing to try to win it back again. I can usually control my emotions pretty well, but it was just too many things and it got the best of me.

Here are a couple of the rules I broke:
1. Dont play for more than 4hours in a row
2. Stop playing if you dont feel sharp
3. Dont let emotions affect your game, and if so STOP!

All that can only end up in a negative way and this is a great example of it.

My bankroll just took a massive hit for this two sessions. Is gonna be really tough getting to my goals this month, I may need a miracle. I know I can bounce back, but It really got me frustrated. I may need a break to cool me down, I was still on tilt today and played badly.

Variance is something that always gonna happend, but still It sucks. I still have over 50buyins for my level so I wont have to move down.

Here are the horrible results:
Total Hands: 7,651
Loss: -$1,366

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with taking a break even though it is hard to keep from playing at times.

Number of hands does not equal more $$$ if your game is affected.

I would look over all your poker tracker hands and find the ones that caused you to lose more than a 1/3 of a buyin. You may find there are small leaks that would have turned this from a 14 BI swing to 9.

I might be exagerrating a-bit but you understand the value of nuritioning your poker mind.

Anonymous said...

Ya its very hard to leave a table or quit when you are in that mindframe. One thing i try to think of when a fish is stacking off me or if someone hits and runs is this, That player is not smart enough to cashout his winnings and therefore i take refuge in the fact that the money i just gave him will be back in the "poker community" very soon. This usually keeps me from going on tilt (too bad). Tough sessions Lex, hope it turns around for you.

Alex said...

Thanks for your comments:

I always go thru my hands after each session to try to see the best possible way to play (That helps a lot).
I definetly play a couple of hands pretty badly once I was on tilt and could have save a couple of buyins. Also saw all those badbeats and suckout again lol, damn lucky fish... I notice how fish he was pretty quickly and tried to exploit it pretty well (Third hand I play against him I put him allin on the turn with TT and he called with third pair and gutshot and hit his gutshot, it was an overbet) So at least I used the right strategy against him.