After the Wimbledon final this past sunday, in wich Federer beat Nadal in five tough sets, I was really eager to play some tennis. So today after work I decided to go play with a friend. I havent play in like two months, and thats a lot of time for someone that used to play at least 2-3 times a week for a couple of years. This is the first time in seven years that I dont play in the regular season or any tournament (Mostly cause I was too busy trying to get better at poker hehe). So my stamina was greatly affected and We decided to just hit some balls for a couple of hours and not play sets (Probably I would have died if I tried, and didnt want the humilliation). I ended up with a bloody hand full of blisters anyway, but It was worth it.
Tennis is a lot like poker, specially the mental part. In the Wimbledon final, Roger Federer clearly went on tilt on the fourth set, and lost it badly cause of it. He regroup really quickly (wich is something even harder to do in tennis) and managed to win the last and final set. That shows how of a great champion he is, specially cause Nadal was playing exellent and there was a lot of pressure involved. Now I'm ready to do the same and beat the crap out of the fishes at the tables.
Damn!! is that Federer??? Eat that you donkey!!

Anyway today It came last month's rakeback (Whoohoooo), so I have the account at +6k again, I will try a stab at 1/2 on saturday and play only 3 tables at the same time (For optimum Focus), and the fourth table I will be playing in this month Guaranteed 30k Ironman challenge tournament, it would be great if I can do well in it. Theres not many people in it so I hope to have a chance.
Tomorrow is back in business.
So, Lets get ready to Rumble!
1 comment:
hey lex is there a schedule for those tournaments somewhere?
Post a Comment