Sunday, July 15, 2007

Still In the hole

This couple of days havent been the best for me, I'm struggling to change this downswing and havent been able to. Yesterday I play 1/2 nl and went horrible, it wasnt that I played bad (I actually only went allin twice, once AA vs KQ preflop and the flop was KQQ, and the other one on the flop I had two pair vs an overpair and he hit his set on the turn). All the other hands where just bad play from the oponent and suckouts, or I had to make laydowns where I was almost sure they had me. Three times I had to fold sets on the river (Twice there where four for a flush on board and I didnt had the flush, and other was 4 to the straight). Also went allin vs shortstacks JJ vs AJ and he floped the ace, and AA vs KK and I had the kings. So it wasnt bad play from my part and that makes me feel better.

However I noticed that there are a lot of terrible players at 200nl, but again I manage to loose almost 1k on that limit so I had to go down to 100nl and cant tried it again untill I get back all that money. At least I won some today.

Also I played the Ironman tournament and started pretty badly when my straight lost to a flush (Shouldnt have called the river), but manage to get back and was an average stack when there where 20 left for the bubble and decide to make a move to one that had a little bit more than an average stack (He was stealing a lot on the button in my blinds and I decided to steal it back and reraised him all in with K7s and he happens to have kings on that one and knocked me out). That tournament is pretty easy to get in the money, so I certainly gonna try to qualify next month.

This are the results this last two days:
Hands: 2,796
Loss: -$614
Rakeback so far: $554

Flamm: You can check out the info for the tennis tournaments at www.USTA.com , you can check any tournament in your area and info for the league. I recommend that sport to anyone, and the league and tournament is also a great experience. You dont need to be a pro to play cause you play within categories so you will be against people with similar skills, if you get better they rank you up to the next one. The sport is good for cardio and if you are looking a sport to help you loose weight with exercise, this one is great to do so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry I actually meant the Ironman challenge tourneys. Tennis + Me = Instant Death

Anonymous said...

nevermind i finally found the dates on the FTP website... they are well hidden.

Alex said...

lol, sorry.