After this badstreak of negative sessions I really started to have doubts about my game. So I went back to pokertracker and tried to find out what am I doing different than before.
Is not very easy to find out the leaks in your game, specially if you felt you are not playing that bad. Anyway I went on the stats and notice that I did have been playing a little looser than before. I found out that I had the best results when I played Tight Aggressive by the book with a VP$IP of 19-20, I notice that when I played 1/2nl I was playing almost at 24 (Wich may not be a big difference, but It is something). This can affect specially my image, If people sees you as a looser player they are gonna float more on your continuation bets and also raised you with weaker hands.
Another thing I noticed at the 1/2 level was the Won money at showdown, it was a horrible 40%. Below 50% is bad so 40 is discusting for me, (I went on again on the hands and there where a lot of situation that I couldnt have done anything different, but went broke AA vs set too many times). That is a very important stat for me and always has manage to keep it over 50%.
Overall I think I've been calling too much, specially on reraised pot and that has cost me, even if I feel they are making plays at me, sometimes is better to wait for a better spot. I'm gonna try to not make this kind of mistakes preflop so that I'm not on those situations again. I also notice that another problem it may be the table selection. Yesterday my tables where pretty aggressive, and even thou there where not any of the good regulars, Aggressive players make a lot of plays at you and thats always tough. To attend this problem I've downloaded Sixthsense and am gonna try it.
If I keep getting this bad sessions I may have to go down a level in the next couple of days. Now of course I've been forced to changed my goals for the month, so I'm gonna try to qualify for a couple of those FTOPS tournaments.
First blog post
10 years ago
2 comments:
Hey lex,
I notice myself sometimes when I get in the habit of making to many calldowns and just throwing money away. I try to be aware of it at all times, but it creeps up every once in a while. I think i notice that when I start getting in the habit of it is when I make some great call on a guy or catch a few players bluffing. I start thinking everyone is making a play at me at all times and I just have to remind myself to just play the cards every once in a while. Being bluffed isn't that big of a deal. I've also began datamining and plan on purchasing sixth sense, because table selection is a big deal. Let me know how sixth sense works out for you.
peace
Yeah it does help a big deal in the table selecting process. I recommend you buy it, and also that you datamine a lot.
Post a Comment