Saturday, January 31, 2009

Just got owned!!

I started the month great, but this week it was hell. I didn't tilt (without counting today hehe) but did manage to do one monkey shove. Other than that it was all cool decks against aggrodonks that called everything so I couldn't do much. So this week I'm down like -$7k. ARGH!!! and I wanted to win a little today to close the month strong. So a shortie sat down with me and this was one of the first hands.

Ok standard, who cares.... then he won another race, and kept winning and coolering me. He was super bad and I got really good at reading him, but he was pounding me soooo hard, I started to tilt a little. Lets see some hands:




So at one point he was up on me like $2,800 and usually I quit someone at this point because I wasn't playing super sharp, but I had some good reads on him and just wanted to win something back (That was the tilt demon talking).
He then stands up and leave and write me on the chat if I wanted to play in another table. Yeah baby, So I moved to a deep table so that I can buy in deeper and pound him, and steal my own money.
So I manage to win a little with this hands:


That one might not be a good bluff at all, but I kind of had a feeling he was FOS and went with my gut. Thankfully I was right and showed him the bluff.
And finally the last hand before he quilted me.

So I did recover a little, but finished the session -800 anyway putting my month in winning like +$7,000 (Including +700 in PLO) which is not that bad, but I wanted to win a lot more. Anyway tonight I'm going to the Celine Dion concert and tomorrow probably stay at home watching the UFC match and the Australian open Final.
Good luck at the table and run better than me this week (Thank god is over)

3 comments:

Razboynik said...

Your post has put me off playing HU for a while. I'm gonna double my bankroll requirements first.

James P McAteer said...

Sick hands. hard to take those beats so well done for keeping your sense of humour...

Alex said...

Yeah Andy, I suggest you get a good bankroll rule before playing HU. You can give it a try sometimes, but the mental part in HU is so huge you can burn a lot of buyins if you lose focus.