Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Potential/Possibility

"The potential of the average person is like a huge ocean unsailed, a new continent unexplored, a world of possibilities waiting to be released and channeled toward some great good." -- Brian Tracy

"A ship in harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." -- William Shedd

"Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations." -- George Bernard Shaw

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar." -- Helen Keller

"Human beings have the remarkable ability to turn nothing into something. They can turn weeds into gardens and pennies into fortunes." -- Jim Rohn

"It is not who you think you are...or even who you think you are not that really determines success... it's who you think you are becoming...." -- Doug Firebaugh

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible." -- Arthur Clarke

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." -- George Eliot

1 comment:

James P McAteer said...

I like these little quotes you post from time to time. I have a library full of 'self help' books. I forget how motivating they can be when you are feeling a bit negative.