Friday, January 23, 2009

Vote on the forums/ no poker for the weekend

I had a discussion with my brother about a simple hand and we made two threads in forums, one in Leggo and the other on Stox. We have a bet on it, so please vote for the option you prefer, here are the links.

http://www.stoxpoker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21285 (Members only forum)

http://www.leggopoker.com/forums/general-online-poker-discussion/slowplaying-qq-preflop-vs-fish-5036.html (Public Forum)


=====================================================

This weekend I will be attending, with my girlfriend, a Marriage preparation course as a prerequisite for our wedding. It will start tomorrow at like 7:30am all day until 6pm and something like that on sunday. That means I won't be able to play poker this weekend.

When I used to multitable, one of my biggest leaks was that I sometimes played because I wanted to put a bunch of hands for rakeback, bonuses, or to qualify for something. I feel that when I put this kind of pressure on me I'm not playing at my best, and thus I won't focus on getting to X amount of hands and money and still only play when I feel I'm focus to do so.

I originally wanted to get to 20k hands this month, and I'm currently at 13,900 so I could still get there without any problems, but I just won't force it. I'm still playing good and winning so that is the most important thing for me right now.

On Monday I will start again with my coach and hopefully finish the month strong for a nice start of the year.

No comments: