Sunday, January 18, 2009

Heads Up PLO

I'm constantly watching videos from a lot of those training sites to try improve my game. Now I'm only playing Heads Up, and I'm finding that the 6max videos are getting a bit boring for me and not all sites have good Heads up content.

So one of the things that I thought would be a good idea is to try learn some Heads up Omaha (There are a ton of good PLO vids I can watch). I think there is a lot of money there to be made, and a lot of people suck. Also by playing omaha heads up, I can cut out some of my leaks on my 6max game and learn much faster. I played a quick session of 50nl at pokerstars and realized that people suck BIG TIME..... really really bad, in 20min I already was +4 buyins, then decided to try out 100nl and again in 10min was up 2 buy ins and finished +1.5 buyins at that level before he decided to quit me.

By playing Omaha on Stars I don't mind if I don't get action on Full Tilt and can try improve my bankroll on Pokerstars. Currently I have only like $4,500 there so I can't play 2/4nl or even 1/2nl (I do suck, so it wouldn't be a good idea anyway), but can try to play some 100nl and see how it goes.

Another advantage is that I usually don't play on Pokerstars because I don't like their software that much (even thou it has gone better, HH was a pain for omaha). One of the things that I don't like, is when you go allin, and it doesn't show villain cards until the end. That means that you have no idea if you are winning or which cards you need to sweat, but in omaha who cares, its even hard to see all the outs in those 2 seconds and this could help develop my hand reading skills. Another thing that the PS software don't have is a Pot button, again easy when is POT Limit OMAHA I don't have that problem.

So I have again Pokertracker Omaha and PAHUD and I'm ready to beat those monkeys.

1 comment:

James P McAteer said...

Hi - my Australian poker blogger friend is saying the same as you about PLO. He is working hard - studying and seems to be doing really well. So I think you are right about PLO.

GL