Friday, January 9, 2009

Bad Economy

Yeah, the economy is in a big downswing right now and here in Puerto Rico the new Governor decided to raise the taxes and add some new ones to the gasoline, alcohol and tobacco. I don't drink or smoke (one of the few I guess) so that doesn't affect me that much, but today I kind of felt it.

In work, we have a contract with the government and they usually take like 6 month to pay us. This time around it was worst and we couldn't even pay to our people for the last 2 month. So we need it to cut out some expenses till those big checks arrive (it hasn't happened yet, but when they get here we would be alright). Anyway we (my family/owners) decided to not get paid for the month of December including the Christmas bonus which is a juicy one.

I have some back up money in my savings account, and could manage with what I had left in my ATM account which is the one I'm always using. So today I had to pay the yearly maintenance for my complex which is over $700 and I wonder how much did I had left (After my travel and other expenses including my mortgage/car and other things). I check my balance after dinner and it said I had like $230 left :-/

I feel broke and won't get paid in at least a week and a half more. Of course I just need to transfer some $ from my savings account and everything will be fine in time before my next mortgage payment which is like $1,200.

More negative things from today was that I also found out that my car's radio is still giving me problems, even thou they supposedly changed it to a new radio with the warranty. I don't think I believe them that much, but whatever that means two more trips over there. Also got a specialist to fix my home theater and raped me for $225. ARGH!!!!!!

In poker I can only think of one negative thing. STUPID Half Stacks!!!!!! they are owning me so bad and tilts me so hard every time they hit and run me which is 100% of the time. I know how to play against shorties, but those halfstacks kind of make me play so gay that is pathethic how they keep beating me.

Anyway I won't complain that much, because I'm crushing everyone else and that helps to control the life tilt.

3 comments:

James P McAteer said...

In the UK the economy is bad and heading for superbad. We are drowning debt. The governments answer is for the banks to start lending again to stimulate the economy... so we can have even more debt.

Regarding NL HUHU - I wanted to ask if you could recommend any reading resources. I see 2 + 2 Colin Moshman released a book. The only time I have played is with my Poker Academy bots - and I really like the format. I don't know if there is a low cost way to get real experience?

Matt said...

Hope the monies come through soon!

Alex said...

I haven't read any books of Heads up.

Only one that I have read that mentioned a little was Harrington volume II but that was for tournaments. No idea if the one you mention is good.

I've learned mostly by watching videos, reading on forums and now by coaching.