The match went for over 4 hours and 20 minutes and It was close, but for sure the moment of thruth was on the 3 set. The winner of that one would be the winner of the match in my eyes, and Nadal won it on the tiebreak (After saving the previous two service games from 0-40). On the fifth set you could clearly see that Roger lost it, and was on Tilt (Tennis can do that to you, and even the great champions are humans and can lose focus). He practically gave away the set and Rafa won his first Australian Open Title.
At the ceremony Federer felt ovewhelmed with everything (If he won he would have tied Sampra's Record of 14 Majors) and started to cry. It was kind of sad, because he is a great guy and a great example for every athlete. He was super emotional and couldn't even say a word, so they continued and presented the trophy to Nadal and was gona let him speak, when Roger again stopped him and said that He deserved to have the last word and congratulate him. Same with Rafa, what a great guy, he saw Roger crying and put his arm around him and they share some words. Pretty intense stuff for any fan. Anyway the sky is the limit for Nadal and he very well could surpass Federer's records if he continues at this pace (He has more titles and majors than Roger at his age).

Then later, I paid for the PPV of the UFC for probably the most anticipated match in UFC history (Maybe even more than Lidell vs Couture III, now that the UFC is bigger). Two of the best pound for pound fighters today George St. Pierre (Welterweight champion) vs BJ Penn (Lightweight champion).
So again I started watching and suddenly the image freezed and I couldn't see anything, called the cable company and there was a problem in my area (WTF, I jus paid $45 for this I can't miss it). Anyway by the time of the main event it was better and I watched how GSP dominated BJ in 4 rounds (Only missed Machida's fight, which I wanted to see). Great performance and now he is clearly the best pound for pound fighter.
The irony is that again, BJ Penn said before the match that GSP is a quitter because he lost by tap out on strikes vs Matt Serra and his words where something like "If you tap out by strike you are a bitch" in the fight they stopped it after the end of the 4th and he didn't even went on the 5th to fight. Kind of reminds me of the famous Pick your poison post, always enjoyed that one here is the Link.
So I'm a huge fan of GSP and was a big fan of Nintendo's PunchOut, so when I saw this on Daut44's Blog I had to steal it its too good to miss.
This was a very nice weekend of sports and I'm not even counting the superbowl, so hope everyone got the chance to witness all these great events and spend the time with your loves one (And by that I mean the TV of course).
No comments:
Post a Comment