Monday, January 5, 2009

First session of the year,

Its been 13 days since I've played a hand of poker (Longest stretch in a while). I was traveling so didn't had time to play, felt kind of rusty to be honest. So I started watching a couple of videos again to get my groove back (So glad I have my Iphone and can watch them anytime).

So it was time for my return to the tables. Should I play .5/1nl or 1/2 to warm up? should I jump right into 2/4? well I decided to let the destiny decide and sat down at three Heads up tables. 1/2nl, 1/2nl deep, and 2/4nl. Got three customers to start my action. Pretty straight forward matches, and got hit and run a couple of times. Was down 1 buy in in my 1/2nl table, when suddenly my 400 table got juiced by a tilty madman.

I manage to stack him multiple times after he got in full throttle aggro mode. Had time to develop some nice reads on his game, and was owning him really bad. Even thou in his eyes I probably look like a donk. Then started with some tilt moves like minraising to set him up on fire and everything worked pretty well.

This is the soulread hand of the match (Check out my stack btw):

On the turn I was bet/calling without even thinking about it. The river, even thou it looks like if I don't beat anything, I had a strong read on his tendencies and turn play that my instinct told me to call. Wasn't easy and probably a -EV play against anyone else, but for sure felt good. Well against this guy I guess its standard, don't believe me?? check these other memorable hands:




Now the hero call doesn't look so cool, damn it!!! hehehe
Finish up over 8 buy ins on him, so that's a good start for the month.

2 comments:

Razboynik said...

WOW !

James P McAteer said...

lovely. nice start to the year. well done.