Thursday, September 3, 2009

Phase 2 of my fitness plan

I'm at the phase 2 of my fitness plan and already have shaved close to 10 pounds of my weight. I have a big ego (Of course I'm a Heads up player) so after seeing my disgusting gut, getting in shape its now personal. My mentality is as If I where gonna fight at the beginning of next year at a 155-160 pounds weight class (at 170 GSP would kick my ass too easily, but I think I can take on BJ Penn :-P ). I'm even thinking about taking some Brazilian jiu jitsu classes later on, but first things first.

I'm starting to eat better for my goal of getting in excellent shape. I just bought a lot of the things I'll need to get there like a polar heart monitor watch, weights, yoga mat, some protein shakes (Of course I spend more that what I need, but I like doing research and then decide in what I think is better for me and usually is the expensive stuff). I'm jumping on the P90x bandwagon and probably will start it next month, however I know is an extreme program and right now I won't be able to do it right so my plan is to keep improving my fitness and then start a couple of the dvd's before actually starting the program full blast. I haven't touched a GYM in over 7 years, and the only exercise I did was to play tennis and push ups (Sometimes), but then stopped playing tennis like 3 years ago, now its time to come back from retirement.

My comeback started slowly with me doing 3 sets of 20 perfect push ups 3 times a week, now I'm in the phase two of my plan and consists in eating better and doing 3x10 supersets that include standard pushups, wide pushups, closed pushups, then shoulder press, lateral raise, front raise and bicep curls then rest like 5-6min and repeat. I'm still using the perfect push up and then 10 pounds dumbbells for the shoulders and 20 pounds for the biceps. I'm slowly getting stronger and the alternate days I go out to run or play tennis.

I think the most important thing is the motivation and I'm feeling great about that. The hardest part for me will be the nutritional plan, but I'm already eating better (Had my last couple of cookies the other day so that was emotional and almost cried). I will keep updating my blog with my progress to keep me motivated and in case someone is interested to see how it goes or want to do the program also.

In other news: Tropical storm Erika would pass through the island tomorrow morning at like 2am (http://www.stormpulse.com/) So That means that even thou Is not gonna be a problem, there will be a ton of rain and everything will be close, including our offices. No work tomorrow whoo hoooo... and even better no work on Monday cause is a holiday yeah baby!!

EDIT: Never mind... the governor just said classes and work are renewed ARGH!

No comments: