Friday, September 11, 2009

P90x: Cardio X - Review

For the people that are interested I've decided to make a review for the exercise in the P90x series. First stop Cardio X

This was the second dvd that I tried, It was supposed to be kind of low impact and I thought it was gonna be one of the easiest, so it might be cool to start getting my body used to this type of workout, before going full throttle in two weeks. So yeah, my plan right now is to start mixing standard work outs and try one dvd, recover and keep getting lean and strong and at the end of the month already be in a lot better shape to start the classic program how it supposed to be.

The Cardio X dvd is a mix of Yoga, plyometrics, kenpo and core synergistic. First they used the yoga to kind of warm up to the other work out so its not hard at all. Later thou, even thou is not that hard (Excluding the superman banana thing that was killing me) you sweat like an animal (a towel is a must)and feel that you are actually burning a lot of calories. The worst part is that I never do a lot of legs exercise so I think that is gonna be the toughest part, and of course I'm never kicking anyone so now (3 days later) my legs still hurt and I still walk like an idiot.

The Workout

Warmup - Yoga
- Sun Salutations
- Runner's Pose
- Warrior One
- Warrior 2
- Reverse Warrior

Cardio - Kenpo
- Kenpo Ball Kick
- Hook/Upper Cut/Side Kick
- Front & Back Knuckles/Ball Kick/Back Kick
- Jab/Cross/Upper Cut
- 3-Direction Kick

Cardio - Plyometrics
- Airborne Heisman
- Swing Kick
- Jump Shot
- Rire
- Wacky Jacks
- repeat previous sequence

Cardio - Core Synergistics
- Squat X Press
- Steam Engine
- Dreya Roll
- Squat Run
- Superman/Banana

Cooldown/Stretch

Easiest work out - Yoga warm up
Hardest work out - Wacky jacks and superman/banana

Overall I think it was fun and interesting, I will do it again next week (Even thou Its not really part of the classic version which is the one I will do).

No comments: