Wow yesterday I went to the supermarket to buy some food with my wife, and the cart looked completely different this time. There is absolutely nothing in my fridge cause we either ate it or I throw it out because it was junk food (Good bye brownies and frozen microwave thingies).
So at the same pace that I'm started slowly to train my body to get used to the exercised, I'm doing the same with the diet. Thats one of the most important parts of every work out and of course is the hardest part for me.
My background in eating is super bad. Before getting married I basically never had breakfast and eat only big meals twice a day and the last one was like at 9-10pm. Also used to drink a lot of soda (I stopped that like almost a year ago) and all my foods where mostly pizza. Of course all this is horrendous and I guess I was lucky I only gain 20 pounds and without any heart attack. But now I'm doing a conscious effort to improve the quality of my diet, and at least I have the Diet plan from the P90x to guide me (Maybe next time I do another entry on that one).
We bought a lot of things that I would have never buy before, hell we went to different aisle that I didn't knew existed. Now we have tomatoes, lettuce, no fat milk, low fat everything else (I never ate tomatoes, but now I will), vegetable would be the hardest part for me to do and I need to have 4 servings a day (According to my level). I'm thinking about cheating on that part and buy some pills or something to do the job hehehe.
So now I have to get used to eat early in the morning before working out (I usually worked out in the evening) then after the work out and taking a shower the recovery drink as a snack, then lunch, then another snack then dinner. Thats a lot of times I will be eating vs the days I ate once in the whole day.
Here is a nice article about eating before exercise LINK
So I usually played poker early in the morning and now its gonna be impossible so my playing time will have to be in the evening and weekends. This month I've played only 5 sessions, but luckily for me I'm up +5k so I don't have the extra stress of losing money. I will try to make a more poker related blog post later so that not every one get bored with my stories of getting in shape.
First blog post
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment