This is the longest dvd of the set at 92 min of Yoga. The first 15 min or so are somewhat easy and kind of a warm up, and then it starts to get a little harder but in a good way, the last 30min goes easier again so the middle part is the bad one. The yoga mat is very important and mine hasn't broke in yet so it got a little slippery when I started to sweat my hands (Just cleaned it later to try and get the protective layer and improve its grip). I can see how most people hate the yoga, specially cause is more of a stretch/core/strength/flexibility/balance kind of yoga rather than meditate/relaxation.
There are some more advanced moves for people that are used to this kind of stuff, but also let you do it at your own pace which is always good. However the fact that is so long could be the reason a lot of people decide to do another dvd of yoga instead of this one. Also the mood in which the dvd was made is more like a part of a hard core routine and not a way to escape from reality for an hour and a half and relax (In other words, you will be sweating doing this stuff, but I guess you do every time you do yoga). In my case I like using this one cause I'm looking forward to get stronger with some of those moves that look like it will help improve my core strength for the specific sports I like (At least for now), also I don't think I would get bored with this one.
Here is a list of the work out:
Warmup
- Moutain Pose
- Foreward Bend
- Split leg hamstring stretch
- Standing side stretch
- Sun Salutations
Toning
Moving Asanas, including:
- Runner's Pose
- Crescent Lunge
- Warrior One
- Warrior Two
- Reverse Warrior
- Triangle Pose
- Twisting Triangle
- Chair to Twisting Chair
- Right Angle Pose
- Extended Right Angle
- Prayer Twist to side arm balance
- Warrior Three to Standing Splits
- Half Moon to Twisting Half Moon
- LOTS of Vinyasas throughout
Balance Postures, including:
- Tree
- Royal Dancer
- Standing Leg Extension
- Crane
Floor Work, including:
- Seated Spinal Stretch
- Cat Stretch
- Frog
- Bridge
- Wheel
- Plough into Shoulder Stand
- Table
- Cobbler Pose
- One-Legged Hamstring Stretch into 2-Legged Hamstring Stretch
Yoga Belly, including:
- Touch the Sky
- Boat
- Half Boat
- Scissor
- Torso Twist Hold
- Touch the Sky again
Floor Work, including:
- Glute Stretch
- Happy Baby
- Childs' Pose
- Corpse
- Fetal Pose
- Meditation Pose
Easiest work out: All the stretch and Vinyasas
Hardest work out: Half moon to Twisting Half Moon, crane and Prayer Twist to side arm balance
Here is a video of what Tony Horton has to say about Yoga:
Not convinced yet? Here is an article on yoga with some pros and cons and if it helps with the bad back: LINK
First blog post
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment