Friday, September 25, 2009

P90x: KENPO X - Review

Kenpo was pretty fun (55min long), and at the time I thought it was fairly easy to do. Of course you get to sweat like a pig again, but its all part of the plan. There are times where it gets kind of harder to kick with your weaker leg, and at the beginning it may be hard to kick so many times If one is not used to. I've known to be punching in my sleep so for me felt pretty easy. However the next day all my body hurt. My biceps hurt big time and I had no idea why cause we didn't do any bicep specific exercise other than throwing uppercuts and other Tekken like combos and every time I throw a hook I send a Guile's Sonic Boom sweat to the TV (Disgusting I know!).

Also my hips and legs hurt a lot, and it made me feel a lot better cause I was thinking that maybe I didn't put that much effort doing the exercises. Its also fun to monitor your heart rate while doing exercise even thou at the beginning I put strap kind of loose and it kept going down which tilted me a little and made me lose a little focus. All in all I really liked this one and I'm looking forward to do it again this week.

The Workout

Warm up

Cardio Kickboxing
- Twist & Pivot, Hook & Upper Cut
- Jab/Cross/Hook/Upper Cut
- Cardio Break (Run-Jumprope-Jack)

- Step Drag/High-Low Punch
- Jab/Cross Switch
- Hook/Upper Cut Switch
- Knee Kick
- Ball Kick
- Cardio Break

- Side Kick
- Back Kick
- 3-Direction Kick
- Side Lunge w/High Sword/Low Hammer
- Step Drag/Claw/Low Punch
- Cardio Break

- High Block
- Inward Block
- Outward Block
- Downward Block
- Star Block
- Cardio Break

- Front Shuffle w/High Block/Low Punch
- Knee/Back Kick
- Front & Back Knuckles/Ball Kick/Back Kick
- Hook/Upper Cut/Low Side Kick
- Elbow Series
- Vertical Punches
- Cardio Break

Cooldown/Stretch

Easiest work out - Jabs
Hardest work out - 3 direction kicks (without touching the floor)

No comments: