So today is the UFC 103 event (Vitor Belfort vs Rich Franklin) and the Boxing PPV of Mayweather vs Juan Manuel Marquez. I don't think I will watch the UFC event, but my brother may pay for the Mayweather fight so there is a chance I go to his house to watch it. Anyway there is some kind of war between both sports and I like both to be honest, but I'm a bigger MMA fan so it makes me laugh when I hear important people from the boxing world talking shit about UFC. Including some racist comments that they should know better before saying something like that on tv.
First lets watch what Floyd have to say:
I disagree completely with most of his statements, but the one that strike me the most is in the training part. I've always felt that boxers life was pretty hard, cause they have to train super hard and then get beat up in a ring for 12 rounds. Now I've seen how the MMA train and I have to say that is way harder than what boxers have to train, cause if you get tired in a MMA fight you will get beat up pretty badly.
Anyway here is Dana White's respond to his comments:
In part he is right in the kind of fights people want to watch, and the MMA sport is built in a way that its a lot easier to get this super fights. One of the reasons is that in boxing when you lose one fight you lose a lot of your marketing power, but in MMA it doesn't work quite like that. Also there are more risks in MMA for an upset so it makes sense to try and squeeze as much as possible when a fighter is in his prime.
But Floyd isn't the only one talking shit about MMA, in the press conference of that fight Bob Arum was interviewed and said some pretty racist comments about the MMA fans and how gay the fighters are cause they are rolling on the floor all the time lol. He starts talking about MMA in around 4:30 mark:
Wow.... that was pretty stupid to say.... and It looked like the other guy was ready to hit him in his mouth or something. Funny thing is that when George St. Pierre was asked about those comments he said something like "yeah he is completely right, I'm a homosexual white guy with tattoos" he said joking hehehe... but was shocked by those comments by a person like Bob.
In poker yesterday had one of those really bad sessions where I got coolered a lot and when I tried 2 big bluffs at 5/10 got called by the nuts hehehe.... I finished the session losing like $4,500 so that brings me back to almost break even for the month. I wasn't mad because I loss, but of course didn't feel happy about it. Then at home made some Yoga and felt a lot better, specially cause I'm getting stronger and can do more of the advanced moves.
Today we are gonna go to pick the kitchen cabinets for our new kitchen at my apartment and maybe go to the open house of a new complex near our new to be house. The bank is still taking its time in our loan, so honestly I don't care any more.
First blog post
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment