Saturday, September 19, 2009

P90x: AB RIPPER X - Review

This is the shortest of all the dvd's at 16min. You do it after each of the weights work outs 3 times a week. I did it alone at first just to get used to it, and I think is a lot better to do it like that, because I'm getting my abs stronger and can do a better job when I start the program. The work out consist of 12 exercise (usually around 25 reps for each one for a total of 349 reps) and you don't get much rest in between so it gets you going. Right now, around the 6th exercise (Fifer Scissors "they are tough" ) is where I have to make a quick stop to rest (I let them do like 2 reps then I continue). Some of the side crunches are kind of hard to do in a perfect form, but I guess I just need to get used to do it correctly. By the end you are worked out pretty nicely and then do kind of a final run with the Mason twist, they keep going and you just feel the need to go the extra mile, even thou it hurts and burns, but is a really fun exercise.

For a detail list of the exercise visit this link.

Easiest work out: In & Outs
Hardest work out: Oblique V-Ups, Fifer Scissors and Mason twist + bonus

Here is a video of the Mason twist:

No comments: