Thursday, October 1, 2009

We got the house!

Finally after all this time and 4 hour yesterday the fight with the bank is over and we got our new house! There where some numbers that kind of looked funny but at the end everything was fine and we got a pretty good deal on a pretty decent house. There are a couple of things that we plan on improving, but I'm not sure how long will it takes us now. Hopefully by the beginning of next year we can move and have everything set.

First things I want to do in the house is get the garage door, A/C for the master and living room, the his/hers walking closet, the fake ceiling (or whatever is called), prepare the movie room, and get the furniture for the master bedroom and wall system for the living room. However the biggest thing for now is to break a wall and extend a terrace (I'm guessing it will cost like $20k or so). So we have to plan carefully how we are gonna do all this stuff, but next week is a home expo that we plan to attend so maybe we get some good deals and ideas.

With P90x I just started doing the classic version this monday, but it didn't start that well. Monday was the chest and back exercise and I figured, since I am pretty decent at push ups that it would be easy. Well is not that it wasn't but I had a early breakfast and started training before time so I crashed and couldn't finish (I did it all over again in the afternoon and could finish it). That means that making exercises for me in the morning are kind of harder so most of them will be later in the day. The good thing is that I can already see results and that keeps me motivated to push myself and improve.

In poker I finish the month with 4,300 hands played but won $2,400 which is something. I also started playing some small stakes in the 7 game mix rotation to try and learn other types of games, and so far its been fun. I've definitely have improved a lot in my stud game and hi/lo, but still suck in Razz. However when it comes to NLH and PLO I'm crushing cause I can find the leaks pretty easy.

Today is also my wife's birthday, so hopefully she will have fun today spending some time with her father. She is so great that made me some good breakfast today, instead of me being the one cooking (cooking is my Razz in real life, I just suck!), anyway its good cause this week I didn't started too good with my eating habits and with the training I think is something I need to improve (I'm not eating garbage, but not eating enough of the calories and proteins that I need). Also today I have my evaluation for the chiropractic so I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully things continue to go excellent for the rest of the month.

3 comments:

Malfaire said...

WIN. congrats, sir!

Alex said...

Thanks man....

James P McAteer said...

Health and happiness in your new home!