Friday, October 2, 2009

P90x: PLYOMETRICS - Review

This one is about jumping and moving around for 58 minutes, but its pretty hard, I would put it in the cardio-intervals category. You need some space in some of the exercises but you can work around it, in our case I do it with my wife in one side of the room and I use the other, but the bed kind of gets in my way sometimes. The only thing I don't like about this one is that with the sweat on the floor it gets a little slippery with my bedroom tiles and I get a little scare to go full throttle when jumping and changing direction, which you do a lot (Might need to buy some of those rubber floors things to work out).

With so many lounges, jumps, squats you get to feel it on the legs, but this is the dvd that will help improve in sports. I finished this one soaked and pretty tired but could maintain my heart rate at a good pace and ended burning over 700 calories so It was worth it.

Here is a list of the exercises:

Warmup

Cardio
- Jump Squats
- Run Stance Squat
- Airborne Heisman
- Swing Kick

- Squat Reach Jump
- Run Stance Squat with direction switch
- Double Airborne Heisman
- Circle Run

- Jump Knee Tuck
- Jumping Lunge
- Leapfrog Squat
- Twist Combo

- Rock Star Hop
- Gap Jump
- Squat Jack
- Military March

- Run Squat with 180 jump
- Lateral Leapfrog
- Monster Truck Tire
- Hot Foot

3-minute Bonus round:
- Pitch & Catch
- Jump Shot
- Football Move

Cooldown/Stretch

Easiest work out - Airborne Heisman , and Pitch and catch (Bonus round)
Hardest work out - Hot foot

No comments: