Monday, October 12, 2009

P90x: SHOULDERS & ARMS - Review

It lasts 60 min and you need dumbbells/bands, chair and mat. This one was the first of the weights dvd's that I tried. It actually was easier than expected, but is good to try it out first to kind of gauge which weights to use for the exercises. I had to change weights sizes in the middle of the work out a couple of times. Right now I only have 8, 10 and 20 pounds dumbbells and now I know I will need the 15 pounds and later when I get stronger I will keep getting the heavier ones.

The good thing is that you go at your own pace and concentrate on your repetitions, so you get more rest in this one than the cardio dvd, also they encourage the writing of your rep numbers to later on put it on the excel sheet and see the improvements. Of course after finishing the work out it goes directly to the Ab ripper X work out (No need to change the dvd) and of course is a lot tougher to do it after already made the routine. I made the mistake of drinking all the water after it ended (thinking that I would do the ab ripper x later that day) and then decided to do it right there so felt the stomach full of water while doing abs and kind of didn't do it as well as other times.

Easiest work out: Lying Down Triceps Extension
Hardest work out: Static Arm Curl and Flip Grip Twist Tricep Kickback

The Workout

Warmup

Sculpt
- Alt Shoulder Press
- Bicep Curls In & Out
- Two-Arm Tricep Kickback
- (repeat)

Water break

- Deep Swimmer's Press
- Full Supination Concentration Curl
- Chair Dip
- (repeat)

Water break

- Upright Row
- Static Arm Curl
- Flip Grip Twist Tricep Kickback
- (repeat)

Water break

- Seated Two Angle Shoulder Fly
- Crouching Cohen Curl
- Lying Down Tricep Extension
- (repeat)

BONUS ROUND
- Straight Arm Shoulder Fly In & Out
- Congdon Curl
- Side Tri Rise
- (repeat)

Cooldown/Stretch

No comments: