Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Its that time again where people supposed to say thank you. Personally I've always felt blessed and grateful every single day. Its family time and tomorrow I'm planning to go to my grandmother's house eat and spend some time with my family and loves ones. I'm feeling happy because I don't have to go to the office tomorrow so I have time to rest and recharge battery after a couple of tough days here.

In poker, everything has gone pretty well. I'm getting close to my target in # of hands played and will probably get there by the end of the month (2,000 hands to go). Also manage to run good and have kept winning, so I'm up like $4,500 overall for the month.

Here are the quotes for this week:

THANKSGIVING

"On Thanksgiving Day we acknowledge our dependence." -- William Jennings Bryan

"Do not get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time." -- Galatians 6:9

"There is no better opportunity to receive more than to be thankful for what you already have. Thanksgiving opens the windows of opportunity for ideas to flow your way." -- Jim Rohn

"Thank God every day when you get up that you have something to do that day which must be done whether you like it or not. Being forced to work and forced to do your best will breed in you temperance and self-control, diligence and strength of will, cheerfulness and content, and a hundred virtues which the idle will never know." -- Basil Carpenter

"Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving." -- W.T. Purkiser

"The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!" -- Henry Ward Beecher

"Best of all is it to preserve everything in a pure, still heart, and let there be for every pulse a thanksgiving, and for every breath a song." -- Konrad von Gesner

"What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?" - Erma Bombeck

No comments: