I decided to made another video for Leggo. Apathy is making a series of videos where he comments on member's play if they send him a video. I've always liked his videos and his analysis and thought I could learn a lot from him (Specially in HU) so I sent him a msg a while back to see how much would he charge me for coaching. He responded something like $550/hr which is less that what he charges now, but still it was a lot for me to pay.
I've always admire him, and was lucky enough to be railing him in Vegas at his moment of Glory in the Final Table on the WSOP. If he chooses my video, it would be a great opportunity for me to see him analyze my game and talk about it, so I decided to make a Heads up video.
First video I stopped because no one wanted to play me and the first 15min of the video was me looking for regs to play with. Then played one of the biggest winners on the site at that level and was playing decently until I decided to Monkeyshove over his 4bet with air and he had KK. OK OK STOP the video!!! That was awful.
Lets try again, I sat down and played again. I played extremely loose and monkeying around with Fancy play syndrome, I ran good and almost all my bluffs worked and finish with a +$900 stack in one side and a tilty villain in the other. The video turned out to be super funny with hands like this one:
However without me, saying why I did what I did, all those moves looked super bad-awful-spewstastic-monkey plays and no one would get much out of it. So I title this one my AggroMonkey HU video, and made another one, playing more straight forward. I think that one turned out to be much much better and more people could benefit from it.
In poker this month has gone decently (without counting the # of hands I've played = Less than 10k). I'm picking my spots on bluffs and my W$WSF is really high (Over 50) so I might be over doing it a little, but still I'm feeling good about my game. The other day I had one of those AHAAA moments when I made a bad laydown deep on the river when he ck/raised me allin and showed me the bluff. Please plese, Don't ever show bluffs (Uhum... I did showed one in my video w J6o hehehe "Do as I say, not as I do"), the thing is that ok, you got me... but that made me think a lot about my line and I discover a couple of things that made me a lot better as a player.
So the value of trying to tilt a regular by showing him a bluff, goes way down when he gets better and tougher as a player.
First blog post
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment