Saturday, November 8, 2008

Another Casino night

Yesterday I went with my brother and a friend to the casino. Just for fun, we decided to play a tournament, and if anyone loses then he could play cash until the other bust. I was card dead and of course was the first one to bust (AK vs 88 allin preflop first hand after, break of course).

Then played a little cash and ended +$260 in like 45min so I won my tournament entry back and a little more. I quit when the big fish with the big stack left. So I rail my brother's run with two table left and he was stealing the blinds and people kept folding AJ/AT with 5 big blinds (Pretty funny). In the final table he ran like Jamie Gold and pretty much had control over the table. Then Heads up with the chip lead vs a donk, was very predictable who was gonna win. So he took the first place, ship it.

So it was a good night after all.
Today I played a little, and the tables where very weak. There was a huge fish in one of my tables, but he kept pounding on me.
A pretty good example of how he plays

I was pretty sure I had the best hand, so I was just trying to extract maximum value.
I didn't played that badly, made a bad call on the river and a bad fold, but overall played decently.

Here is my favorite hand of the session. After my super float with backdoor full house, I picked up a pair, he bets again and I called, and on the river once he checks I'm pretty sure I had the best hand and he didn't had much. So I went for the gaybet, I knew he didn't had showdown value so he can't call, and people hate to fold to those stupid bets so what they do?? of course MONKEYSHOVING TIME!!

I finish the session -$720 and pretty much break even (-$8) in EV. Ahhh.... another day in paradise.

No comments: