At first I wasn't sure I was gonna be able to go to Vegas this year. That was kind of disappointing, because it will be hard for me to go next year, because of my wedding. So after I won the seat for the NL event on the 27th I kind of decided I would go and exploit this oportunity, So now I'm planing on playing a couple of others as well. The ones I like are: The 6max NL $5,000 buy in on the 26th, the NL Holdem $1,500 buy in on the 28th and the NL Holdem $1,500 buying on the 30th, and of course the one I got the seat for a total of 4 events. First place prize for those events last year was between 700k-900k. Each event has a duration of 3 days, so there is a chance I won't play in all, but that is the plan.
The other part of my plan is to qualify on FTP for another $2,000 package and try to get that Main Event seat (that would take care of all my expenses). Best case scenario I win 2 of those ME seats (thats my goal) Yesterday was my first try on one of those 2k package and was really pissed when I blew my opportunity. First 6 places got the seat and I got to the final table 6th in chips, everyone was close in chips but the big stack and there where 2 shorties. 7th place got $400, but I busted out when I tried a resteal from the Bigstack and he had AK(stupid me). Anyway tomorrow I will try again, and after that will keep playing those to try and win as much as possible. If I win 2 of those 2k package I will use the T$ to enter for a ME $1,000 buy in qualifiers where there are more seats. So that would be my super strategy.
On Vegas I will be staying at the Leggo house, which is gonna be a great experience hanging out with a couple of great poker minds and expect to have nice time. I will be sharing a room, which I really don't mind, and will be staying from the 25th till July 6th. Originally was gonna stay till the 3rd, but there is a UFC fight (Forest vs Rampage) on the 5th that I would love to go, and also get a chance to experience the Main Event (I'm not planing on playing thou).
Also added 1gigabyte of ram to my pc and got me tilted when at first didn't wanted to work, but manage to fix it doing nothing. I do feel a lot of difference, specially when looking for tables with spade eye. I also got me a new mouse (with a cord), because my wireless died on me on a $200 pot and that got me on tilt when I had to timed out... so no more wireless for me.
In other poker news, I started my first stab at 2/4nl and everything went well. I finished +$1,055 in 200 hands and will start playing a little bit more in these days. My favorite hand was vs a bigfatdonk that I raise his blind from the BTN with 99 and he 3bets me to like $115, and I was like WTF... ALL IN!!!! he instantly called with A8o Hooooooooold pliz!! yeah!! insta double up. Against that donk was the hand I lose my mouse where I had TPTK. So overall this has been a great month, even thou I lost a bunch playing HU at the beginning I manage to won back and finished Break Even (-$428 to be exact), but won like $10,000 in tournament so my Bankroll got bigger and thats the important thing.
First blog post
10 years ago
2 comments:
Man that sucks to bust out on the bubble of the 6 seats like that.
Good luck in the WSOP events you play and in getting to the main event.
Thanks man... I appreciate that!
Post a Comment