Sunday, May 4, 2008

Cash and Tournament update (RTR freeroll)

This morning I played a little bit of HU and 6max. Wasn't the best session and felt that I didn't played my A game at the end. Matt "Probability" from the SSNL coaching lessons was sweating me, and thats good because I think we can both improve a lot by talking about specifics hands and plays. I'm still kind of new to the sweating thing and sometimes is kind of hard to speak with the mic on my hand while playing and kind of struggle a bit, but I just bought a new headset to make it easier so problem solved.

Anyway I finished that session like -$500 and that puts me in only +$108 for this month. Damn, anyway later I had my two tournaments to play so I decide to rest and get ready. First was the Rake the Rake $20,000 guaranteed freeroll and later the $750k guaranteed from FTP. I started the first one really good, there where a couple of players missing so I made a big stack playing shorthanded at the beginning. The field was 1,224 and like the first 180 was in the money. In the meantime I decided to play some HU also and got $200 back from a fish, and then played one of those two table SNG for a 75 token, which I won.

On the RTR tourney I felt I played pretty solid and make a couple of moves and get a big stack. A couple of hours later I got in the money and was average on chips when there was like 100 players left. Then there was only two tables and I was like 6th on chips. Two tables are one of my specialties because people play so tight when there are only 6 or 5 players left in a table before the final table and you can apply a lot of pressure and make them fold. I got to the final table 4th in chips, and again didn't make any mistake. My hands hold against the shortstacks and then I had a massive chip lead. Here where the payouts for the final table:

1st $3,800
2nd $2,340
3rd $1,620
4th $1,250
5th $950
6th $680
7th $500
8th $394
9th $306

4 handed I felt like Jamie Gold where I had a million in chips and the others like 200k. Meanwhile I lost interest in the 750k and had a cold deck so I finished that one like 1,300 or something like that. I ended up winning the Freeroll and got a nice $3,800 payout (not bad for a freeroll) so It was a nice day after all. What this means for my month is that I can now play 1/2 HU, and if everything goes well I can start taking shots at 2/4 next month so thats great.



3 comments:

Razboynik said...

Hey Alex !
Nice result.
Congratulations.

Alex said...

Thanks Andy!!

Anonymous said...

congrats LEx!