Friday, March 27, 2009

Some PLO hands

Started the day with a NL session and right out of the gate losing like 1,200. I kept struggling until I found some hands and could finish the session winning like $130, not much but for sure a really nice victory after that start. Then later played some PLO and again was losing like 1,200 (It looks like one of those days)

Here are some cool hands from the PLO session:

First one is kind of standard, the turn gave me more outs and I'm willing to go allin here, with these stacksizes I expect a straight to raise me on this board like 100% of the time. On the river there aren't that many hands that could call a big bet (Maybe only TTxx) so I decided to check and try to bait him to bluff with his miss draw or weak hand.

Second one is another hero call, again we are a little deep and the match was kind of aggro. Villain is a good player, so definitely capable of making a big move deep.

When he called the turn I put him in something like KK79 or KQ79 so I have the best hand a lot and he should expect me to cbet with AA w the nutflushdraw so I went for a thin value bet on the river expecting a hero call from worst. When he raises me I know he knows I don't have a flush, but I also expect him to bet the flop with the nutflushdraw + a pair or a gutshot like always (He was playing pretty aggro against me) so I thought that he could have the Ace of spades in his hand and try to bluff me out of the pot with that raise size (I expected another raise size if it was for value), so I close my eyes and hit the called button. Buyaaaaa...

Last hand is my favorite cause I was bluffing the whole way, I have a crappy hand and with so many hearts on board and me having the Ace of hearts is very unlikely he has a good flush, but I guess that people don't believe me cause I like to bet.


The river is a decent card for me to keep bluffing if he by any chance had a low flush. When he called me I was like damn.... and then they ship me the money and I was like WTF??? is this a glitch or something? then went to the replayer and saw that indeed he was hero calling, Only problem is that I was bluffing with the best hand.

To be honest at one point I felt a little of tilt at the beginning, I guess the stress of a lot of things got to me and wasn't playing my A game (Not the best combination when taking a shot hehehe). Lucky for me I got most of it back and finished the session losing only like $200, so basically a break even day...... but with lots of stress.

No comments: