I've decided to not play online this weekend to try and stay sharp at the live tournaments and not spend too much mental energy before the long events.
Friday after work was the first Omaha tournament in Puerto Rico, so I knew it was a great spot cause everyone suck and probably won't have a good idea of how to play PLO. My brother decided to play the tournament also and swap some % with me, even thou he doesn't play PLO he knew he was better than every other player in the tournament. This was also my first time playing Omaha live, and I wasn't sure how would I do or if I had to look at my cards like 200 times before making my decisions hehehe.
I felt I played pretty good and was sharp making moves when I had too and ever made some herocalls that worked. At the end my brother and I got to the final table and when there was only 4 left we decided to split the money and make a deal and play only for the trophies (first 3 positions). I kind of didn't care about the trophies, and was late so I just wanted to go home to rest for the big event the next day, so we talked about raising the blinds before time since there where enough play and we already had taken the same amount of money. I kind of regret that now, because last hand I shove over my brother's open w a marginal hand and he finished me in 3rd place and he took 2nd. The reason I regret it is that now that I think about it, it would have been nice to win 1st and 2nd place instead of 2nd 3rd and make history as the two brothers winning the first omaha tourney here.
After a couple of hours of rest, we played the big no limit event yesterday. There is a ton of play and the format make it easy for us to do good. The play is very deep and we start with 400bb and levels raising every 45mins. We again swap some % and now are ready for day 2. I have a little over average chips and my brother will start with like 10big blinds, but I think that probably 60-70% of the players have a stack like that, there are 90 people left, but there isn't a soul there that is in our same level. We both know that again is very possible we both make the final table if we win our races and had the right amount of cards, so that would be historic hehe.
First blog post
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment