Wednesday, December 24, 2008

2008 Recap

This year have been really interesting, a lot of stuff going around.
Here is the official Recap:

-After like 5 month in hiatus I made My return to poker playing 100nl.

-My girlfriend and I Optioned a house, for our future and later got engaged.

-I joined leggo poker and got my first coaching experience with Greg in his coaching group.

-Sold my old car. An idiot decided to scratch my new car, Tilt.. then I fixed it.

-Decided to start playing Heads up, and liked it, i was good and won some $$

-After improving a lot and watching videos I started moving up in level to 200nl and then 400nl 6max and some Heads up.

-Won my first big score in a tournament, well not that big because it was a freeroll but still 1st out of +1,200 players so I was proud (Pay out was like $4k).

-Won a satellite to a WSOP event

-Went to Vegas for the first time, stayed at the Leggo house and met a bunch of good friends.

-Got the doomswitch, and worst downswing ever at 2/4nl. Here is the graph in Big blinds:

-Had to move down again to 1/2nl and I kept losing.... got Frustrated a ton.

-Got me a new laptop to pound the donks.

-Worked a lot on my game, got better, kept improving, got out of my slump FINALLY!!

-Got a new coach for Heads up and realized how much I sucked, so I got a lot better.

And now here we are. Overall It was a really nice year full of emotions good and bad, but I'm grateful for everything that happened. Now I'm gonna head out to my parents house to be with the family and tomorrow I'll get a plane to Houston to meet my girlfriend and her family to spend a couple of days, before returning here to new years. So until then I wish everyone the best times with their families and hope this new year brings up health, love, opportunities to grow and of course the moneyz $$$$$

4 comments:

Ian Little said...

Happy Xmas, & congrats on your year.

John said...

All the best to you, Alex. May the new year bless you with continued peace, love and happiness.

JayHFD said...

Hey,
Is that Leggopoker Greg youre getting coaching from? For $600 (ouch) ? Or someone else? I'm looking at coaching options while Im at 100nl and they mostly dont look very affordable!

Cheers,
Jay

Alex said...

Thanks guys.
Actually yes it was with greg from leggo, but that was a group coaching program that costed like $800 or so. At that time he charged like $400/hr and that was too much for me also. My coach now is not greg.