And how can I deal with this?? First step Is take a break. I didn't play much this weekend. On Friday played a small session of 25nl (where I saw my padawan and decided to sit at his table) and manage a win (Did run badly also, so the doomswitch follow you between levels finish +$87 in EV). Went to the movies with my gf, and on saturday we went to one of the islands here in our boat to just relax and have a good time. It was good, because I'm usually the captain and I'm the only one with a license, but this time the guy that do the maintainance was the one driving, so I got to seat in the back of the boat feeling the wind in my face.
Then on sunday just went again to another beach and spend it with my family and my gf, watched some poker videos and then recharge my batteries.
Later that night I was ready to take on the poker world again, and knew I had to adjust my play. So the adjustment is fairly simple, play tighter, solid ABC poker and try to book a win. If I got a possitive session I could stop early and take a confidence boost (Ehh... It didn't happen), and ended up down a buy in. Ok Ok I can handle that, then today's first session really hurt me, because I lost 3 more buy ins and did make some mistakes and felt that I wasn't playing good at all (First time in this downswing that I got down on myself, also because after the transfer to PS I have less than 20k in my FTP account).
Last session again lost, but felt a lot better because I didn't make any mistake and just ran badly once again. Positive thing about all this is that I manage to play tight and move my vpip down to 20 and my WTSD% down also. I need to keep my focus and just concentrate in not making any errors. Playing tight, helps with that like not calling much preflop and from the blinds, because If I'm not that sharp I can't let myself in those ugly spots that I'm usually in when I play looser.
Here are the stats and my Downswing EV Graph:


I wanted to post this, because last downswing I wasn't that specific in my posts and I think it helps to have these details in my blog so that I can come back and look at them later and maybe help me when I get another one of those. Also this can help a couple of friends that are in the stage of complaining about badbeats, and they need to accept it and take it like a man, and adjust refocus and keep playing good Poker.
Now lets see some Hands from last session:
First one, I just folded KK against this donk a couple of hands ago on the turn, so I'm not folding an overpair to the same guy two times in the same session (Guess I was ahead in the other one also)
Second one Is well, Not much I can say Standard for me these days:
Another
This is not a whining post, but I want to keep posting as much as possible as I recover from this, I think a lot of people can benefit from it. I know I will.
1 comment:
Hi Alex.
Thanks for sharing the information about your downswing. I'm also suffering my own spot of bad variance, and your posts certainly help put things in to perspective.
Post a Comment