Saturday, August 1, 2009

New Kitchen

My wife and I decided to re-do our current kitchen so that when we decide to sell the apartment it could be a nice asset to have. I didn't wanted to spend too much in something I won't enjoy that often, but I think is the right move. Originally I was thinking in spending around $5,000 or so and not do anything too fancy, cause the economy is pretty bad for the real estate business.

At the end I said what the hell and we are gonna end up paying close to $11k in the new kitchen (OUCH, thats a downswing right there). Moneywise we are pretty ok and I think I can get back a decent % of the investment. In terms of what would be ideal, when we sell the apartment I would love to get around 25-30k which we could use in our next home for a terrace or something cool like that. We actually have a couple of great ideas for our next home, and we are gonna go today to see what offer can they make us. Right now they just droped the price to one of the houses we where interested in, but I want to see if they can include all the kitchen appliances. The house we are looking at right now is not huge, but have everything we need and after all the plans we have for it I'm sure will look awesome.

In other news, my vacations are almost over, but I did started to play tennis again and hopefully I can keep up and make a comeback for next season. To be honest I am really out of shape and it will be great if I can get into the sport once again.

In poker, yesterday had one of those sessions and manage to lose close to $2,000 which I ended my month winning like $5,000 or so. I guess is not horrible considering I still made $165/hour which is probably more than a lot of doctors. My FTP account is almost busto, but I still have a decent role in Pokerstars, so I think I will mostly be playing in PS too (Competition seemed weaker also). At least I started this month with a $1,000 win so its a good start to always start with the green numbers.

2 comments:

Matt said...

30k for an apartment is so sweet. glad things are going decently for ya.

Alex said...

Thanks man.... I'm gonna try and sellit in like 210k If I do I can even get 40k so Everything is going good!

If you want an apartment in Puerto Rico let me know... hehehe....