Monday, April 13, 2009

This time, No hit and running!

Some people may remember a blog entry I made a couple of months ago when I hit and run Hunter AKA Beach Justice from Stoxpoker (Link). At that time I was on a downswing and playing 1/2 when I decided to play him in 5/10 and quickly quit him after I win a little. Of course I don't hit and run, but it was stupid for me if I continue to play him. Now I'm not on a downswing anymore and wanted to play him again, to see how would I do.

So yesterday, I finished my second session of the day and was gonna quit (Didn't get much action) when I saw Hunter, sitting at two 2/4nl hu tables. I thought that he probably isn't getting any action either so it was my duty to play him (After all I did hit and run him for like $200 or so). We played 2 tables for like 2 hours. Everything was kind of standard, I won a coinflip and both got coolered a couple of times, and he sucked out on me in some pots. Overall I played decently and made like only 3 small mistakes that I kind of knew at the moment. Anyway I manage to record the session so that I can review it with my coach and maybe find out how many more mistakes I made.

I finish winning like $200 (Again), but it was a close match. If he didn't sucked out on me I would have won a couple of buyins, and if I didn't won the coinflip and a couple of hands he would have ended winning. I feel good, cause I know he is a good player and I didn't felt outclassed or anything, so I might start playing the better regulars to try and improve faster vs better opposition and maybe warm up a little before moving up again.