Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tilted Day

Today was a really bad day for me. First I went on monkey tilt playing 2 tables 5/10nl not a great combination. Worst part was that at one point I couldn't quit, I guess it was the money and maybe Ego, but it was just to hard for me to quit at that time. Still I played for over 2 and a half hours and was already late for work. This was my new biggest lost for a session losing $8,348 total. I was up for the month something like that so that brought me back to even (So tilted all my hard work at 2/4 now erased cause I went on monkey tilt playing higher). I was so off that sometimes I didn't even noticed that I 3bet preflop and then saw the size of the pot and thought to myself "Why did I do that?" And got owned pretty badly.

Of course I felt awful and just didn't wanted to go to the office so I decided to skip work and try do some things that I need to do for the wedding. First stop was going to the church to ask for a letter that let me get married in another church (So stupid, but whatever). OF course I'm running bad so it was close for the Easter week and I couldn't do that. Ok, forget that... I need to get a new Birth certificate, so I went to that place and what do you know.... They tell me that I need a $5 stamp from another place If I want to do that , and they would go to lunch in 20min so I didn't had the time.

Ok I need some patience now. Got to the other place and I had to park pretty far and started raining (Thats me again losing coinflips). Then I got to make a line, it wasn't moving much, but I don't mind cause there where only like 10 people before me. The Guard call for the next 5 persons, and then the next, and then finally they called me like after 25min. Ahhhh.... Holy Shit!! that was a line for the next line. There were like 30 more people in line in the other place to get inside to the room that was full of people in line (over 100 people). It looks that I pick the wrong day to go there cause Its the 15th and it was the same line for people to give their papers for taxes. The Poker Gods where laughing at me at that moment, I guess I deserve it.

But not all was bad, I saw that inside the room full of people there was a friend of mine making the line. Ahaaaaaa...... my salvation.... I called him and ask him to buy me the $5 sticker or whatever and 35mins later he got it. I felt super lucky to get a chance in this shitty day, so I called my gf and went to eat with her (That was the highlight of my day). After that I thought about going to the office, but felt I had unfinished business with the other lady so I went again to get my birth certificate (They close at 3pm and I got there at 2:50pm, another close call). 15min after she ended her conversation with her cellphone company about some charges she took my info and gave me the paper.

Now I just want to do nothing for the rest of the day and tomorrow start to get my money back.

No comments: