Today after watching the latest Master LJ HU video my brother told me to sit on a heads up table vs Hunter AKA Beachjustice from Stoxpoker. I actually like the guy, and enjoy his videos, but was feeling the urge of playing in higher stakes. So I asked my brother, do you split the win/losings ? He thought like 0.3 seconds and replied NO.
Damn, but I want to play, just for fun... maybe 1 buy in. It won't hurt me 1 buy in, and If I get the cards I can easily win (Very confident I'm the best player in the world if I get dealt AA every time). The Dark side was telling me go play go play, so I open up all his table and he was on 4, yeah baby I can exploit that. Also opened the active players on HM to start discecting his game (Got like 11k hands of him, and like 1.5k in HU). My brother tell me "You are not gonna sit" I told him, wanna bet? how much? he then replied again No. Argh.. fuck it I told him watch table "Drab" and I sat down. 5 seconds later he is only in two tables, so I got his full attention now (he will need it).
The match started and he was pretty tight, folding a lot preflop. Then after a couple of hands he started 3betting me, I guess he knows I was scared money hehe. My bro ask me if i'm nervous, and I replied YESSSSS!!! lol
I hear Yoda:
"FEAR IS THE PATH TO THE DARK SIDE"
I win a couple of pots with continuation bets and I'm up like $200. Then I 3bet him for the first time light and he calls, I flopped an open ender I cbet he floats, turn is an Ace I double barrel he push, I folded. Shit I'm down like $600 now.
My brother tells me:
Quit
Quit
Quit
Quit
And I told him that I wanted to get that back (Usually thats what you say before losing a ton of money). Then I got dealt KK (Yeah baby come on) I raise he folded. Shit! shit! Shit!
After that one I raised AJo and he 3bets me. I touched myself between the legs to make sure if my balls are still there, I feel something ok.... Call. Flop comes Q77r He cb and I floated thinking I have the best hand. Turn comes a 3 and he checks, I check and river comes the beautiful Ace. He bets 3/4 pot and I called, he turns over KJ SHIP IT ! ! ! !
Next hand I raise he fold and I quit him. hahahhhahahhahahhahahhaha (Standard hand, I know but It felt good).
Sorry man for the Hit and run. I'm up $287 cya in a couple of months and that won't happened again.
Then as a test to see if he was getting on tilt I sat down at a 50nl HU table to see if he searched for me and sat down (I've done it hehe). Didn't happend, so I guess those guys are always getting hit and run and they don't care.
First blog post
10 years ago
2 comments:
Hi Alex, I am an older swedish pokerplayer surfin around the net sometimes and I found your blog via google search earlier this year. I get in not so often but can be here for a long time reading your blog. Like it ;o). I am also a Stox member and saw cottons remark on your blog...he likes it too hehe! Keep up your good work and your interesting/funny blog. Regards Urban
Hey Urban,
Thanks for visiting my blog, and for your comments.
Post a Comment