We saw a couple of houses, but got a last minute cancellation on the one we really wanted to see. However we saw another one and got a funny experience when the owner told us that we where free to look at the house and then she proceed to go outside and wait, which by the time I thought it was kind of strange (to leave strangers snooping around in the house), but later on I knew why she did that.
I figure that she was probably following orders from her's family where they say something like "Just don't say anything and everything is gonna be alright", but then we got some questions and she got to talk. And talk a lot she did, basically saying things that you are not suppose to say to someone interested in your house.
Things like:
-One of the rooms was always used by the mother in law and she died, so she usually leave that room closed and that is why it smells in there.
-The curtains get dirty really fast because the roof drips some kind of black dirt and is expensive to maintain, she had to change it 3 times in 6 years. (This after my gf complemented them)
-There have been a couple of thieves and vandalism in the area.
-They build a storage thing, but made it too small so when it rains the water gets into the garage.
-Its a calm place, their daughters get bored.
- My gf complemented the entrance door and she replied that its hard to maintain because of the wind and rain so she have to constantly put a coat to protected it.
-The water thing (No idea how to called it) is broken and she was gonna fix it, but then decided to leave it to the next owners.
-We talked about changing some security windows and she said that she thought about it, but it was really expensive.
-There is a lot of traffic, so we have to get really early to work to get on time.
-There where a lot of windows and she didn't put anything on them, but she said she didn't mind not having privacy.
-When we asked why are they leaving, she said that its a big place and its really hard to clean it.
And a couple of other things that I don't remember, but it was kind of funny at the time and I kind of picture the family getting scared of her opening her mouth hehe.
We are gonna keep looking, but for now I still like better the house we already optioned, and is also cheaper.
In poker things are going better and I'm up for the month once again, specially because I'm just crushing Heads Up PLO. Well ok I can't say crushing because its just so small sample size, but for sure I see there is a lot of money there for me to be made. In as little as 600 hands of 1/2PLO this month I'm up $1,750 and probably will start playing 2/4 once I win like 2k more on Stars.
First blog post
10 years ago
1 comment:
lol. at least she was honest - which is highly unusual when buying property. But the death thing was just too much information.
A few years ago I went to look at a cheap flat for investment. The owner told me he had inherited it from his brother who hanged himself in the attic. I didn't buy it.
Post a Comment