Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'm a little sad

My moray Eel just died, and I had to throw it out in the garbage. Damn she was big and heavy, it was like 3 feet long. Anyway I have to get rid of my aquarium before my wedding and I probably give away my Trigger fish to my cousin. Sad times!

Also I just noticed that I'm currently on a downswing. It hasn't affected me that much, because after my last one (Aug-Oct)every other downswing seems kind of small. This one got to 20 buyins, but I guess It didn't felt that way because I still ended up winning like 7k last month and this month I'm only down like -$1,300 so emotionally I'm still sane.

Another bad thing is that today I injured myself (no idea how) and now my neck hurts even more. I can't look to my right side so its a pain when I want to drive in reverse or change lanes or even get into my car. So I'm putting some creams on and hopefully it get fixed by itself, also I bought the special pillows ($285 Ouch) so I hope there magic works.

Anyway tomorrow Its tournament time and I'm planning on playing the FTOPS HU championship and maybe some more donkaments who knows (Althou I kind of don't want to spend so much in those, because it hurts to see my bankroll shrinking, while on a downswing). As a bonus I'm probably playing the Omaha HU tournament also, even thou I suck hehehehe.. I know there are still a bunch of people that suck and I just need to run good, so wich me luck. Now I'm out to watch some UFC c ya!

4 comments:

James P McAteer said...

Hi. Sorry to hear about your pet.

About your neck - when I was younger and working out a lot more I used to get exactly the same thing from time to time. I'm not a medic but would guess it's originating from your upper back. Possibly caused by working out or posture (e.g. sitting at a PC all day!). I found it usually cleared up after a few days without treatment.

Anyway if you want my opinion don't mess around with creams or gels - even with analgesics like ibuprofen they usually only give some relief.

If it doesn't clear up quick my honest recommendation is to find a good sports physio and get some massage and ultrasound treatment. this way you minimize scarring and reduce the chance of it recurring.

I would bet my roll that one or two treatments will sort you out. It's worth it in the long run. GL

Alex said...

Yeah I think that eventually it will get better by itself, thanks for those helpful tips.

GL

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog. Best of luck with the FTOPS, I don't know if I could stand playing a HU donkament lol.

Malfaire said...

sorry bout your eel -- that is sad. you must have had her for a while if she was 3 feet