My laptop isn't here yet, and my desktop is still pretty stupid. I got it back from the shop and now It has a new 500 GB HDD, but after I formatted again its still doing tilt inducible things so I haven't played on my house yet. In other words I haven't been able to play much poker at all this month and only have played Heads up when I did (I'm like $1,500 or something like that which is not much but at least is something and it was in like 1.5k hands).
I did played a little session yesterday at my brother's house (Only 1/2nl thou) and ended up winning a little, despite keeping outplaying one guy and he kept giving me bad beats for 3 buy ins. Anyways this was my favorite hand of the session, against a good player:
I called with KQo (I've been check/raising quite a bit and I would if I hit anything) he decided to check behind. This means he either have a marginal hand with showdown value including A high, or he just gave up on the hand. So the turn brings a T and I decided to make a stab and he raises me (WTF I don't believe you).
My read is that overpairs, monsters and draws would have cb the flop almost always so his line didn't make a lot of sense to me, unless he had AT or picked up a Flushdraw on the turn. I have nothing so I can't call, so what do I do??? of course RAISE!!! (Me like bluffs) My raise size is a little smallish (which could have been a mistake) but I also do this with monsters to induce so might not be a big one (without counting that I had nothing and should have folded hehe). He tanks, and then called.... Douh!! that means he actually had something, I'm putting him on a weak one pair hand, or a Diamond draw, because all his monsters would have push the turn. The river I can't beat the A high's or the one pair hands, so I elect to bluff with the overbet shove, which not many people do enough.
I'm polarizing my range here, but he won't be able to call anyway with most of his range, and my range is stronger than his so I could easily be doing this for value with AhTh or something like that. I could have tried a smaller bet, but he was decent enough (I thought) to turn his one pair hands into a bluff and I couldn't let that happened.
He instantly folded and I showed the bluff, because I'm awesome!!! hehehehe
This hand was my favorite back in Vegas, because we where deep and I like to get paid off lightly. My 3bet preflop is bigger because we where deep, and I did polarize my range again so might not be terrible for him to call me, but I do think he should have folded on the turn, because so many bad rivers will come.
Nice Pot!!
So today was my last day at the office and will have a nice 2 week vacation where I intend to play a lot of poker for the hours I've missed this month. Lets hope I get my computer fast and I start pounding the fishes. I'm also planning to start with a HU specialist coach next week so I will keep posting here how I do.
First blog post
10 years ago
1 comment:
Alex, keep it up.
Post a Comment