Tuesday, July 8, 2008

back at home, final Recap

So How was the last couple of days in Vegas? Well I hit the card rooms with Matt a couple of times and also went to a very expensive steakhouse where the food was really good and had excellent service. Also got to play some sessions online HU where I pounded some fishes until they quit me and got to sweat Matt in his online sessions and discuss some strategy with him and Ed (Who has been coached from some sick coaches like MDMA, KRANTZ and Greg, so he is really solid knows a lot about technical stuff). We ended up on those sessions and played solid, unless Greg decided to watch then not so solid hehehe....

My last day I wanted to go to the UFC event, but the only one that wanted to go was Gordo and he was gona be playing in the Main event that day. He finished the day 1 with over 75k and the average was like 40k so he was in good shape, I hope he can go deep in this one since he deserves it for sure.

So my last day was all pure poker at the Rio. Because it was the Main Event, they where using a lot of the cash tables for the Tournament and there where only one 5/10 table so I put myself in the waiting list #4 so I guess i had to wait a little. A little my ass!! I waited more than 2 hours before I finally got a seat. Ed was in my table so he watched me double up early AA vs KK and then watch me lose almost all my 3.5k stack with some bluffs and one really bad play.

Lets start with the bluffs. I've been playing very tight and decided to reraise a donk who was a little on tilt and was berating another guy at the moment because he called him down with 77 when there was like 3 overcards in the river, so I thought he was gona play his hand very straight forward and fold a lot because of his conversation. So I said, RAISE!! with 68s because they where sooooooted hehe... He calls instantly, flop comes JT5 he checks I bet he insta call turn was a blank so we both check, and the river was an 8 giving me a pair. He leads into me for $100 and there where like $500 on the pot so I read that as weakness and decide to raise him to $350 (Big mistake to try bluff a fish) he thinks for 3.7 seconds and calls with 99, then proceed to say how good his call was. Instatilt!

Couple of hands later I open from the BTN when it was folded to me and I had 64s (I like suited connectors, what can I do) SB called me and flop was K73ss I had no spade but thought that I would double or triple this board all day long so he checks I bet, he calls, the turn was a blank, he checks, I bet he calls, the river completes the flush and he lead into me. I had 6 high so I can't do much, so I thought for like 20 seconds then folded, but when I throw my cards the 6 got exposed by mistake. Brilliant fish says "You have a 6????" "So do I" and proceed to show me his bluff 64o for the same hand I had, but worst because it wasnt sooooted and the donk called me two streets with a gutshot. Please stop bluffing the fish!!!!! I hated myself at this moment.

Then lost another big pot against the same fish when I had the nutstraight vs a 3high flush and later came a couple of high stakes players that where waiting for a bigger game. They where also making prob bets where one had to pay the other if his card was on the board and he was on the hand. One had 9's the other T's so First time a 9 hit he had to pay $50, second time $300, then $1,000 then $3,000 then $10,000. They weren't joking I saw him paying the $10,000. So they where playing loose and didn't care about this stupid 5/10 game.

I tighten up my game even more and found KK from UTG so I decided to be cute and limp so that I can raise when this donks raise (which I was 98% sure it was gona happend) however that hand was the 2% it didn't so no one raise I the flop came 663r, I lead and the Aggro high roller raised me I call and thought to myself "Damn he could have a 6, but he very capable of bluffing here and show it to me so I will check/call him" And thats what I did, I check/call till the river and he showed 63o gg me I lost like $1,700 on that hand so I decided to quit.

All in all I finished down like $2,000 live and up like $1,000 online and the expenses where like $1,800 including trip + Leggohouse + like $200 in taxis + some $100 dinners and like $20 of pure gamble in the casino he he he. So I finished down for the whole trip but not a big deal.

I got to my home and the fishes where alive, but 3 lights of the aquarium got burned out, and the night light also don't work. The timer got messed up and doesn't work either. My computer at home doesn't work now (No idea why) so I'm kind of on tilt. Only good thing is that I got to see my girlfriend again and she was so kind to clean my house a little, including one bathroom she is the best.

So before my life goes back to normal I need to fix the breaker for my movie room, the Tivo, my PC and all the other shit that got damaged. I have to go to the office for 2 more weeks before vacations so this are gonna be tough.

No comments: