Friday, July 11, 2008

I'm getting a new Laptop

After the trip, and how useful was my sister's laptop for me there and my pc getting stupid on me tilting the hell out of my brain, I decided to buy a new computer. Yeah that's right I like spending money!! My plan is simple, I left my old pc at the place where they will try to fix it and later use it as my main pc at the office (Selling my current pc to the company).

So I wasn't sure which one to get, because I wanted a 17" monitor and 1920x1200 resolution so that I can play multiple tables without resizing when on a trip. Also will use it as a dual monitor with my current 22" monitor so I need it to be better than my old one.

The main contenders where a Dell XPS laptop and ASUS G25 series. Performance wise I could have gone with the Dell and customized it really well and exactly how I wanted, but would have ended like $1,000 more so I went with the ASUS G Series G2S-B2. I liked another ASUS, that came with 4G RAM (Instead of 3) and a little better CPU, Videocard, and more Hard disk space, but The HD RPM was only 5400 and I wanted 7200 so I went with the cheaper model with less HD space which enable the faster RPM.

Also I got a $200 rebate from the site and it comes with a mouse and a backpack for $1,629 after rebate. For the price I think is a good deal and will for sure exceed my needs. I'm at the office so I can't put up pictures now, but maybe later I will.

1 comment:

Matt said...

sick, I would love a nice laptop.