I woke up early, checked out my emails, and went for a swim on the pool before getting ready for the tournament. No one else was gona play it so they where all sleeping from the night before that they went out (they had a couple of funny stories, but I won't get to that, just ask luke what happend to his back hehe). So I called the taxi and it took a little longer that what I expected so I was running a little behind schedule. Got there and they where ready to start when I arrived to my seat.
Dealer ask for my ID and gives me my cards, I was looking for my id and saw I had AKs from UTG so I raise to 150, everyone folds while talking about how i haven't gave my id yet, ok ok... here is my id... now lets play.... big blind calls in my right. Flop comes A99ss he checks I bet 200, he calls turn is a J he checks I check behind, river is a 3 that completes the flush, he checks I valuebet he only calls with Q9o ehhhh.... stupid donk. 3 hands later he openlimps on the co I IsoRaise on BTN with KQ he of course calls, flop comes 3 rags I make my continuation bet he calls and I give up. So In less than 10min I have lost half my stack not the best start. However I did got it back and was the table leader when I picked up a bluff in a multiway pot. I call on the btn with AJo flop comes K22 everyone checks turn is an Ace UTG+1 bets I call bb ck/raise big I thought he was full of it and that was a perfect time to bluff so I call, river blank he bets again I call he says good hand and doesn't show. At this time I was the chip leader on the table, but lost a big pot when I did what I think could have been a bad laydown. I raise with QQ and got 2 callers from the blinds of course. flop comes JT9dd and I got check/raised from the sb, I call and the turn is a blank he push which was a little bit bigger than pot. He starts talking about this is it, good bye guys, nice playing and blah blah.... so I folded and he instantly says "oh my god i got him with the speach" he was right, damn!
(Thats me on tilt with my shortstack)

Then came the break, and of course everyone went to the bathroom... When we started again I had a little under avg with like 25bb. Picked up a couple of those ugly hands like KJ/AT from early that I had to fold and then in the next orbit got AK from md, I raise and the blind which I cover starts saying something like did he limp? ohh he raise.... and then he reraised me. I kind of read that as very strong, and was contemplating a fold, he had like 20bb and I was like ehhh, maybe he has QQ and I can win a race and be above avg with a nice stack, so I put him allin and he instacalled me with AA..... I got cripple and push the next hand with J8s, guy behind me reraise, and next guy push..... KK>AK>J8s gg me.
I don't think I like those tournaments, the structure is not the best and they start at 12pm till 2am, 3 days.... Its a pain for sure. So I will keep playing cash, and might play a nice deep stack tournament at the venetian for a 2k buy in on thursday. Lets see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment