Thursday, June 26, 2008

And so It begins

The Vegas adventure actually started at home on the airport. Everything was fine and when I was ready to go to my gate, I see a bunch of people not moving and a couple of cops and I was like ehhh... what is this?? There was a luggage bag in the middle of the hall and they thought it was a bomb. They called the bombsquad and all the shit, but it was kind of lame because if it explode we where in hiting distance so bahhh... Then came a lady claiming to be the owner of the bag, but they didn't let her get near it, procedure bs imo, Anyway finally came the super dog and smelled that everything was good and they let us thru. However, they got a bunch of people in both sides of the hall, so it looked like a scene from braveheart.... ready to battle..... hollld holllddddd hooolllddddddddddddd NOW!!!! FREEEDOMMMMMMMMMM!!! I got lucky and survived.

I got here and everything went smoothly... The guys are awesome and we are gona have a good time for sure. The house is pretty cool kind of a mess thou, but that is expected and kind of makes me feel more at home hehehe. We have 6 laptops at the kitchen table and played a little bit of Wii (where I suck big big time) and went to dinner to the best thai restaurant in the states (or so they say). To be honest it looked kind of a low budget neighborhood places, but the food was good.

Got to sleep pretty late and today was my first poker day. I decided to skip the 5k 6max tournament, even thou that was the one I reaaally wanted to play, but I wasn't sure how sharp would I be.. Or if I play my A game on my first day, and the buy in is high so I didn't wanted to risk it. So I played a short 3hrs session of 2/5nl live at the Rio and won $1,125 ship it fish!!

The guys are out to dinner right now, except Craig and Mike "Gordo16", that are still alive in the 6max event. I stayed because I have the dinner from Rake the Rake at the Wynn in a couple of hours and might even play a little bit. I already got registered for tomorrow's 2k nl event so I won't be staying too long.

Good luck to the Leggo guys that are still alive in the event, and good luck me tomorrow!! cya at the Final Table.

2 comments:

John said...

Was that restaurant the Taste of Siam? I think that is the correct name.

Alex said...

Don't know... forgot the name.. but we might go there again soon.