Friday, June 13, 2008

The Return of the Sheppard

I went to the casino yesterday, and as expected it was like Disneyland. Full of funny characters and donks that love to give you money!! The game was only 2/5nl and there where a couple of shorties, but whatever... I did my usual buy in for $500 and just try to get hands and let them pay me off. In reality I just wanted to start warming up for the WSOP and just wanted to see how sharp I am in the live game.

My performance?? Ehhh.... Didn't felt I played particularly well, but got a couple of premiums hands, so thats just what any monkey needs to win money here. Did tried a very thin valuebet with 3 to the straight and 3 to a flush on board and got called by 3 players and one minraised me, of course I instamuck, the others insta called. He had 94s for the flush OOPS!

I did felt good counting the stacks and the pot and picked up some tells. Some where expert tells like "when he says I have a big hand it means he has a big hand"
After an hour of folding I got dealt AA, and a loose player raised to $30 (saw him raising limpers w ATo) and I reraised to $90 (He had $130 behind) Everyone like "Oh my god he is raising" but whatever they always called so no slowplay for me. He called and he had like $40 left so I wanted to milk him, flop came rags like 534r and I made a HUGE OVERBET of $25 into the +$200 pot He folds "Good laydown, he must have read my soul or something".

Then after a while I butchered the cowboys and lost a big pot when I raised to $35 (yeah thats how I roll) and got 5 callers and flop came QTTr, and a donk leads into me small (I got afraid of the T and just called him, where I should have raised) another one called behind me and the turn was a J, he donks again this time I raised him, and the guy behind me turned the straight with AK, I block bet the river (which was a mistake, cause he for sure checks behind).
Ok so RELOAD!! I'm down $200 now lets focus...

Then I got the ladies QQ, a extremely tight player with a shortstack raised from early and I repop him, and a guy in the button 4bets, first raiser push and I was like WTF!! I'm not folding this against this shorties so I called. First raiser had AK and the 4bettor had KJo so yeah I'm ahead!! and the girls hold up!! I'm back to break even.

After that I picked up again Aces and raised from UTG, and picked up a bluff on the turn and river when he raised me with air (His range was AA-22 + any one gaper, 2-4 gaper, XXsuited) So I called he mucked. And I'm up again, thinking ehh... its getting kind of late and I have to work tomorrow so I'm counting my chips to color up when I get dealt AKo, folded to me and I raised to $35 again and the same guy calls me a shortie on the blinds Push for $125 and I reraised him an additional $300. First guy tanks... and starts looking at me very mean, then reluctantly folds.... and says "Don't show your cards I'm gonna say what you have, the shortie turns up AQ, and he says you are dead to ACES" I'm like well in bad shape but not against Aces and show my AK. He instantly jumps... and says damn... If I knew that I would have called!! and I ask him what did you had??? he says...... ATs. Bad lay down IMO!

So I finished with VPIP of like 4 and a stack of +$1,200 and a profit of like $525 in 3 hours so thats always nice, but then they opened a table of 5/10nl and I was dying to play there but it was late, and I had to go to work so I will let them take care of my money for now!

No comments: