Earlier today I was discussing hands with Joshua (from Leggo and the SSNL group) and he asked me if I noticed a big difference between 1/2nl and 2/4nl. My honest answer was that I actually try to table select a ton and so far the tables looked very weak, and beatable. But of course haven't played yet in a table full of regs (Don't think I would ever do anyway). So I did had a couple of bad sessions in a row but was fairly standard situations like K high flush vs nutflush and QQ vs AK allin preflop, and yeah.... two big bluffs I pulled off when villain had a straight, and another a Q high flush (Bad timing douh!)
Anyways today I played a little bit of 1/2 hu where I won 2 buy ins before going to work (Always nice when you win that in half an hour yeah!!!!) and also played 2/4nl 6max in my second session of the day. Got a table full of fishes and another one with two fishes 3 regulars one of them 12 tabling so it was a nice table overall.
Here are a couple of hands to show how the fish play in midstakes:
First one I raise A5s from UTG (Fishes where on the blinds) and flop comes perfect BUYAAAAA!!! Extraction time... I cb like always he called me oop, so I was like yeah you fish I'm getting your money!! turn was standard and river the flush completed DAMN!!! I don't like that but hey, me got a straight I can't fold to that gay bet....
He called me the turn with??
Second hand Its fairly simple.... ehhh I got me some Aces!!! No FOLD!!
I have been raising this guy's blind a ton and he was folding to every cb and just lost a big pot, so I'm folding this only when I lose my internet connection. This kind of reminded me of my SNG days:
Last one was a little sexier. UTG raised and I decided to just flat with my Jacks (He wasn't a fullstack and I didn't wanted to do a coinflip preflop and also had a couple of deepstacks behind that I could break If I hit my miracle set). So that was the perfect flop and again I'm thinking that I will go with this hand no matter what. He makes his cb and I do a standard raise, but the size looks kind of gay (I did it on purpose of course so that he can float me with overs, or induce a push) and he just calls. The turn Is pretty and I still think I'm ahead, he has only $244 left and the pot have $202. I'm putting him on overs and I want to make him think he has odds or I'm weak and he can shove so I make a gay bet of $82 and was gonna insta call a push by the way, he just calls, and The river is a ugly Ace but I thought he still had a lot of overs on his range other than Aces and I knew he was pushing any river and the pot is so big that I don't care so I insta call.......
So I finished the session +$1,500 and felt that I played good and was sharp all the way.
Tomorrow I might go to the casino and start getting money out for Vegas time, Its so easy there, my brother went the other day and played like only 3 hands and finished 1.5 buyins in 2 hours of play lol. Good luck me!
Cya at the tables!!
First blog post
10 years ago
3 comments:
Hey Alex !
Great results.
What stats do you have now ?
VPIP PFR etc.
Do you play a little tighter at the higher limits?
Whats up Andy,
I play my normal game. It really depends on the table, this month on 2/4 I'm 23.6/18/3. I usually have a vpip of 22 so thats kind of normal for me.
If I have aggressive players or big calling stations on my left my preflop range drops to better hands (from 18-20 vpip). If there are big multitablers and fishes I raise more.
sick hands, alex -- keep it up sir.
Post a Comment