Wednesday, April 30, 2008

HU vs Scott Fischman

Yesterday and today haven't been great for me in poker, I lost a couple of buyins and played badly HU and ended up loosing a lot. Anyway in a positive note today I saw Scott Fischman playing some 100nl HU and I wanted to play him so I sat down in the waiting list (made #4), but had to go out and couldn't play him at that time. Scott has over 2.1 million in career earnings, 2WSOP bracelet and 10 WSOP cashes. So I suspected he was good, and wanted to see how I did against him. I only saw him playing tournaments and he played pretty aggressive so I guess he is good playing HU.

Anyway later today I saw him again now on 200nl HU and my brother and I wanted to play him so he put himself on the waiting list on his account and was the next in line. We where gonna share 50% of our winnings, and started scouting him and analyzing his game. After a while I knew what I was against. A fish.. yeah thats right, I guess he doesn't know a lot about HU. So while we wait we prepared everything to record the session and make a couple of notes on his play, this is what I got on him at that moment:

HU:
CS (callingstation) Valuetown, calls 3 street w md pair
passive on flop, likes to get to showdown
like to slowplay
FP on turn after no cb = nuts
talks on chat while on hand = nuts
lead into the raiser on AT2dd fold to raise
calls 3bet a lot, calls oop a lot
limp/call Q7s
cc w JJ, lead into the raiser then ck/call, ck/call on 9253K
bluff missed FD 26/36

His stats where: 50/15/0.76 on 372 hands

So now I know I will crush him, but still have to wait for the other fish to get tired and let me play him. It was getting late so we thought.... ehh... forget it, and I went to my home. I got here and put myself on the waiting list (#11) and prepared everything for the recording. He lost his stack and quit one guy and sat down at another table shortstack, I follow him and now I was the first in line. At last the other guy quits him and is my turn, but damn he is playing with 50bb and is not reloading and I knew he was gonna quit me if I stacked him.

I did make the video, and was gonna post it here, but it ended just too quickly (5min) so I'm gonna post the most interesting hands.

First hand I raised KJo and he calls, then he leads into me very weak wtf!! first time I saw him doing the minbet (I got to see him play quite a bit and thus had a big advantage over him, because he knows nothing about my game). I decided to call, and again he goes for the gaybet on the turn, Now on the flop this could have been a weak Ace, a gutshot, or a Flushdraw. The gutshot got there and I would expect him to bet bigger with an ace or the nuts so I decided to raise him for value and get called by worst K's and Q's and also the Flushdraw. On the river he leads into me again, and as you can see on my notes, the only time I saw him bluffing was with a missed Flushdraw so this was a pretty easy call.

Now this one was also standard, but was the last hand because he quits me right after it. He limps and I raise for value KJs because I expect him to call me a lot and he is very predictable to play against. On the flop I'm not going anywhere so I bet and was planning to call a raise, but he calls. Turned the Nuts and is time for valuetown, I decided to bet small to let him try to bluff me, but it didn't work so I just put him Allin and that was it.

He instantly sit out. Damn!!! Anyway it was fun while it last (15 hands) and I am looking forward to play him again. Till then, good luck at the tables.