Monday, April 28, 2008

My movieroom + april results

The other day my cable company had a big outage and that was a big big problem, because its the same company that provide my internet connection. So that means no internet, no tv, and I haven't bought a new Tivo so no Tivo. What else can I do?? well I read a little bit, but then got tired and finally decided to see some movie in my home theater. Lucky for me my cable company also provided me with a HD DVR so I had a couple of movies there that I could watch and that saved me for total hell of boredom.

Also this weekend my girlfriend rented some movies and a "soap opera" cough cough! DVD to watch with me and we got to use my movie room once again. I've always liked movies and therefore dedicated a room specifically for it. I have a projector and a big screen with a small refrigerator to watch High Definition movies and sports, what else can I ask for??

Well the other day I read on Raptor's blog that he is looking to buy a projector to play poker in a 120" screen, and I realized that I haven't put any pictures of mine here, so thats what I'll do.
My setup include a Optoma HD projector, 6 Focal JMLabs speakers for 6.1 surround sound, a REL subwoofer, NAD receiver and DVD player and a 85" Firehawk screen from stewart filmscreen.
My movie room is not finish and it looks like I won't be able to finish it because I will move next year when I get married (May 9 by the way) and have a new and improved movie room in my new house. So this is how it looks right now:I'm pretty happy with it and the movies and HD programs looks amazing, also never got any problems so everything is good.

In poker I played a little bit yesterday where I lost like $450 HU (kind of played very badly) and won a little bit 6max and today I finished +$30 yeahhhhh....... so pretty much break even. Anyway so far this month I can't complain, because I haven't been able to put that many hands only like 11k, but still got a nice win of close to $3,500. I wanted to get to 4k before this month is over, and is very reachable, but I might decide to use the time to try to qualify for the WSOP which I haven't tried so much, so lets see how it goes.

I may add that today I challenged Taylor Caby to play me HU and even thou he couldn't today, he said he would another day so if he agrees (and is not scared he he he) I will play him in 100nl or 50nl HU to try and learn from the master as much as I can and of course post a video here or something. That would be awesome to see how would I do against a great HU specialist. Anywayz Here are my stats so far for this month:

3 comments:

Matt said...

Sick entertainment room!

Congrats on setting a date!

I will take 1/2 your action vs GP if you want. You will own him imo.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alex said...

Thanks Matt.....

Also first will be GP, then we can go to the thunderdome and kill Ivey HU for rollz!!