So I decided to give it a try to see if I could go PRO live.
Here is my plan: I'm gonna have a Bankroll of 20BI's on the bank, and all the money I get from my day to day job is gonna go to my E-trade savings account. I'll try to pay all my expenses with the winnings at the casino and see how profitable I can be. For now I've been playing super tight and can win fairly easy, but once I adjust a little bit more and pick up a couple of tells I'm gonna open up my game to maximize the winnings. I already have a very tight image, they call me "El Pastor" wich means the Sheppard.
Its so funny cause everytime I get in a pot everyone starts saying things like "Oh Oh, here comes the sheppard look out!" lol. One hand I raised in middle position with AQ with one limper and got two callers, the flop came Q high and I made my continuation bet. One guy folded a straightflush draw and said, I know he has a set of Queens. lol He keep talking about how he put me on QQ-AA preflop and then other guy said, If you are putting him on that range why the hell are you calling preflop with J8? So funny! I ended the session with a stack +1,000 so it was good.
It wasnt all good on that night, I had like $550 when I made a couple of bad plays (not sure if it was bad plays, but It got me tilted a little bit). One of the hands that started the streak was when I flopped a flush draw plus two overs, but there was a bet, a raise a call, I call, and a push right after me. I thought that one of the callers had two of my nutflush draw so I folded, Indeed my read was good and he had the draw, but the turn brought one of my overcards that would have won the pot (this fishes raised with middle pair after all that action). After that I had to fold another nutflush draw when I call a bet (should have raise) and got a raise by a new player and a push after (This guy was officially a Aggrodonk). I folded and would have hit my draw, but the pot was like $60 and he raised all in for $500.
Couple of hands later I call with JT and the flop came KJJ. Another fish bet ( I had a tell on him that I was fairly sure he was strong and probably had a Ten also, so I wasnt sure if my kicker was good. I just call and the new "fish" called. The turn is a 6, the first fish bet $100 I call, and the fish calls. The river is a 4 and now the first fish bets only $15 into a pot of like $500 so I call and the fish raised, all in.... the other fish calls. And I was like... damn this spot sucks I went into the tank and thought... and thought.... I was almost sure the first fish had the Jack but now the other fish got me thinking that maybe he slowplayed KJ. Anyway I felt that for sure one of them had at least a Jack with a better kicker so I folded. The new fish that push turned over K5 and the one I had the tell had JT "I would have chopped but won the sidepot".
Overall I didnt think I had a choice but This got me tilted a little bit cause now I was -$150 on the session. The hand after that the new fish went busto when the aggrodonk call a $200 bet with a gutshot and hit. The big fish went on a massive tilt he standed up looked for more $$ and Reload for $500. He sat down again now to the left of the aggrodonk and told him, "I'm going after you".
I was thinking to myself I will get both of you now, put my hand in my wallet and gave the dealer $200 for reload to the max. Ok, lets play! three hands later I picked up the Cowboys KK Yeah baby this is it! you big money fish. The fish "My target" limped UTG another fish calls, the other fish with the JT in the last hand calls and I RAISE!!! $35 The first fish called, the other fish said "Here comes the Sheppard" and folded and the last fish calls. The flop came T87 rainbow.
Both fishes check to me I bet $80 into a $115 pot, both fishes called me. The turn was a 3 that now makes a flushdraw again the fishes checked to me. I bet $300 that basically put both of them all in. My target thought and he was so tilted that he decided to call me with 92o WOW!!! 92 UTG?? he missed his draw and I got a nice $760 pot. SHIP IT!!
Online I had normal sessions this couple of days, winning like only one buy in, in 1hr sessions. I wont play many tables now, cause I'm still getting better at omaha and whenever I played 4tables I loose so I'll only play two at the same time to improve my reads.
AH! also My new car just arrived so I'm gonna be picking it up next week. Until then cya at the tables!!
First blog post
10 years ago
3 comments:
Which car did you choose? Please post a pic whne you receive it....
Glad nothing serious happened from the earthquake.
congrats on going pro,Lex! I would suggest if you're going to play live to pick up the book Read and Reap, Phil Helmuth and that cop guy (cant think of name). IT's a great book about reading people.
GL to you my friend.
Thanks Whodat and Flamm.... I havent read that book. I read Caro's book of tells though... does it says a lot of different things is it a lot better??
Post a Comment