Thursday, November 8, 2007

Playing some FTOPS

Yesterday I decided to play on the FTOPS I event of no limit holdem 6handed. Originally I planned to play only this sunday's tournament, but the activity I had yesterday got cancelled so I wanted to play.

These past month I havent play much online, most of the time was in a casino. So I had to warm up a little bit. I am a little rusty right now and not playing at my best, but with a little luck I know I can get deep. Since this was a one day thing, I prepared myself with two little multitables. One was a 50FTP qualifier event to sunday's FTOPS wich only the first place got the seat. I got to the final table and was the chip leader for a while, but made a couple of tactical errors that costed me the chiplead and then the blinds where so high that all of us had less than 10BB wich was not good. I didnt got lucky so I busted out 3rd with no money.

It doesnt really matter cause I only wanted to play on a tourney to kind of get the feel. So I started playing pretty standard on the FTOPS but after a while noticed that my table was just too tight. I decided to shift gears and play very aggressive and loose and started playing more hands. Also I wanted to play like that to try and get a bigstack early and not wait too much, this way is either I have a good stack or I'm out and dont have to be playing for too many hours and get out in the bubble hehehe.

I busted out when the bigstack raised from the CO and I was in the SB with 66 and reraised him all in and got called against two 10's. At least I had a good time playing very aggressive and didnt spend too many hours. The final table also got paused, so They are gonna finsh it tonight.

Lets hope sunday's tourney turn out better.

No comments: