Monday, October 27, 2008

Wasted time (Yup Donkaments)

Yesterday I decided to play some tournaments (hoping for a big score ala seabeast to save my month). So I took my laptop to my room and starting playing and watching tv, which helps me to not think about how boring 9 handed tables are.

No idea how many I played, probably like 7 or 8 and manage to have a decent stack in all of them. Of course I had some brutal beats and that made me do some stupid plays and went busto out of the money in basically all of them after a nice 4 hours of play (Hate that about the tourneys).

Then got one of those Pokerstars setups against the other bigstack where I had AA vs KK and I flopped top set and insta call his overbet shove. I had a horny stack for a while, but I was tired, already in the money and there where like 200 people left when I was like 6th on chips and decided to make something stupid, and resteal vs an average stack and he called me with 44 and held the 50/50 (I don't think I won many of those, maybe one). After that I loss another one like 3 hands later and kind of tilted, and thought ehhh fuck it its late, my back hurts and I don't care about this anymore. Had like 12 buyins and started to push to just bust out. First push got called, I won, wuhuuu.... then again I push got called, I won yippyyyy!!! steal a couple of pots and all of a sudden I'm back in the game WTF!!! I want to dieeeeeee.

So I had to concentrate once again because I was in the top 10 in stacks. Blinds kept getting bigger and bigger and finally we are in the Final table bubble. By this time I had like 30 big blinds, and people started to get tight, so I started to move some chips around. Final hand I decided to steal blind vs blind (bad Idea) with 89s, hit my 8 he hits his gutshot on the turn and fuck it..... After +6hours of play I lost in the Final table bubble like at 2am (having to work the next day). Sigh!

Its not that bad of a result considering I got 10th out of 1,700 players, but I hate to waste so much time in stupid tournaments to win back what I already paid for the entry on the other tournaments. So Break Even one time; WO HOOOO!!!

3 comments:

Razboynik said...

Tournaments are an exercise in futility. Leave them for the masochists.

Malfaire said...

alex -- whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!?!?!?!?!?! why must you do this?!?!?! jk jk.

i just hate tourneys :-D

Alex said...

Desperate times call for desperate measures hehehehhehe