First downswing was really a lot of bad beats and me running super bad, then the break even stretch, well I guess that happens. Last upswing was finishing of last month where I felt that finally the bad times where over (How naive of me) right after that was a huge tilt session and decided to move down. Moving down in level (From 2/4nl to 1/2nl), and the graph kept going down. I can't play HU anymore (Due to my bankroll rules), and the multitabling sessions have been horrible (-10 buyins, -5 buyins and so on), so I will be back again to 4 tables.I ran out of excuses, maybe I'm not supposed to win in poker, because I'm so lucky in all the other parts of my life. No idea where my biggest leaks are, maybe is psychological and can't concentrate for too long, the acumulation of all this that has happend makes me lose concentration in certain spots and tilt easier or maybe I'm being results oriented which is telling me I suck at poker.
I don't really care about the money, but what really hurts me is the goals I had that now are so out of reach. Feeling exhausted right now, don't want to play cash for a while, so might try some tournaments or even PLO, I need to clear my head (Or run good and win a stupid FTOPS).
3 comments:
I know how you feel. I busted my poker accounts with the downswing I had recently.
Take a break, change the site where you play, or even play a different game.
I played SnGs for a while on another site, then went on to play FR. I'll return to 6 max soon, when the confidence in my game has returned.
Hi. I am still a micro stakes donk but here's what works for me when I need to get my confidence back.
* Take a few days off, read your favourite poker books, watch a few videos. Focus on the ABC's again.
For 1 week...
* Drop down - even to a stupid level you can usually crush. Just chill out and enjoy playing - forget the money. Note how relaxing it is...
* Play full ring - 2 tables max
* Play 1 hour max. - if you feel like playing more and you are winning (you will be) then do it
* Tighten right up and play super nitty. Dial back the aggression - don't feel obliged to C/B every flop and turn. Let the fish win the small pots.
* You will have winning sessions - so just be happy with that and remind yourself you are a still good player.
Hope that helps. Good luck.
Thanks guys!
Post a Comment